lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2018, 08:56 AM   #1
Kit Henry
Not Yet Wild

Default Still having steering issues with a G-16A gas cart

I have installed new upper and lower bearings in the steering box, and the steering still is trying to screw it's self out of the Steering shaft.

I put the cover back on and set the tension screw hoping that would hold the pittman arm down. It goes easily to the right, though when I turn it left it trys to screw out of the shaft or is very bound up.

1) is there a certain way the shaft goes in for starting

2) Could the button on the pittman arm we to worn

3) IS there a maintance book or you tube video for this, I have not been able to find either

kit Henry
Kit Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2018, 09:31 AM   #2
Kit Henry
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Still having steering issues with a G-16A gas cart

Does anyone know? There are three washers at the top of my steering shaft below the bearing, they appear to be shims, do they belong there ?
The reason I ask is this is what is occurring. If I take the cover off there is a spot where the pittman arm lifts the internal piece high enough that it lifts higher than the box cover would be. This would obviously cause the bind when the cover is on. If I take a shim out and the shaft goes in a little deeper would it take that bind spot out as the steering nubs would not be riding up the worm gear as far.

Or is this wrong thinking ?

Kit Henry
Kit Henry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
16a, adjustments, steering
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha