lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2018, 08:50 PM   #1
royr
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car DS Electric - Knock when turning the wheel all the way left or right.

I have a 2009 Club Car DS Electric Golf Cart. All of a sudden, when I make a sharp turn in either direction, I get a loud knock from the steering mechanism. Mostly notice it when I am turning the wheel all the way one direction or the other to park or turn when starting to move the cart. I looked under the front and cannot see anything loose or appearing to be abnormal when the steering wheel is turned. It feels like something slipping. It drives OK and doesn't make the noise as long as I don't make a sharp turn. It only happens when I turn the wheel all the way left or right.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
royr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2018, 06:38 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS Electric - Knock when turning the wheel all the way left or right.

Check the blot in the U-joint between the steering box and the steering column. They are notorious for loosening and the joint slipping. If it is not there, then you have an issue in the gear box, but that is not likely unless you have put a lot of wear and tear on that cart...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
knock, steering
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car