lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2018, 09:20 AM   #11
PTL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Left front tire rubs on hard left turn

have the same problem with 23" tire and 6" lift, its the brake pedal assembly, when pressed in digs into the tire when turning left, still working on solution
Tires might be too tall
PTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #12
guyboy1970
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm with both kg and stovebolt...

i would check tie rods and make sure the steering was straight and to resolve I would think lifting the front would add the clearance he may need.

Do you guys think the front axle may might be tweaked and causing the rubbing?
guyboy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:46 AM   #13
nas
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

ive had the same problem on almost all txt's with 6" lifts and 23's. The only solution Ive come up with is using a 2" piece of 3/8" female allthread and screw it all the way onto the bolt that holds the new bracket for rising the tie rod on the driver side. The all thread will hit the beam and act as a steering stop to prevent any braking problems. I also take a grinder to the brake arm to gain as much clearance as possible. Right now Im running a 6" lift on a 5 lug ezgo shuttle and Ive also go 2" wheel spacers all the way around. Without the steering stop I can almost run the left front tire over because it hits the brake just right and actually forces the pedal down and wedges the tire in reverse which is really hard to get unstuck. This morning I added the all thread and problem solved I need to cut down the 2" all thread about a 1/4" to get a little more turn out of it but its not going to cause any problems now.
nas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
left turn, lifted, rub, tire
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO