lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
rowyco1526
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Terrible customer service

I tried purchasing a lift kit this morning from our site sponsor that is currently listed on their website. Within 20 minutes they were kind enough to get a hold of me and let me know that the kit was no longer available, which I appreciate, and they could offer a substitute. This part of the customer service was excellent. The following response, I found ridiculous over a matter of $15:

(Moderators, if this does not suit this forums rules, please delete. Otherwise I feel it is good information for customers to know about our site sponsor)

Re: New Lift Kit
rowyco1526 wrote:
I appreciate your efforts in trying to substitute this lift kit for the one that I tried to order, but I can find the Jakes lift kit for a better price at www.XXXXX.com So unless you would like to honor the price of the previous lift kit of $229.00 and $24.95 for shipping, please cancel my order.

Thank you,
rowyco1526

----- Original Message ----
To: xxxx
Sent: Monday, September 8, 2008 1:03:27 PM
Subject: Re: new lift kit

We don't match pricing. We are a company the offers products and support for our customer, you can call 5 days a week and get some one on the phone.. They website you gave doesn't even have a phone number (This is incorrect). Thanks for giving us a chance at your business, please keep us in mind for your future needs.

rowyco1526 wrote:
For a company that tries to boast about product and customer support, yours certainly does not offer support. You won't honor the price of a lift kit that is currently listed on your website for sale to the public, which has no longer become available, with a similar one that sells for $15 more. Great customer service. I wish your company well with that sort of business model in the current economical satus of this country. I will be sure to tell many others about the experiance that I have had with cartszone.com

----- Original Message ----
To: xxxx
Sent: Monday, September 8, 2008 1:26:34 PM
Subject: Re: new lift kit

It has nothing to do with honoring a price, the lift kited you wanted is not being made anymore by our supplier. Thanks
rowyco1526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
EVLLS1
Gone Wild

Default Re: Terrible customer service

that's bullshit... same place told me that my year cart cylinder head is no longer made... yet i see entire top end rebuild kits for sale on their site and many others.. so obviously they're still being made somewhere.
EVLLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
cuzky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Maybe its the old bait and switch ???
cuzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:34 PM   #4
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

For the record, I've had great dealings with cartszone! I don't know these people from Adam, however, I had my order within 48hrs...no b/s! and they were very informative on their products. It's unfortunate, you got the response you did...and I don't blame you for going off! I can only offer an opinion here, which is....these are tough times and maybe they don't have the room $$ to cut, I don't believe there is big markup on some parts. Call Jakes and ask what they would sell you the lift for?...you might be calling cartszone back! Alot of these retailers are barely makeing it, it's not like you are walking into Best Buy and telling them Circuit City has a better price,...so match it or else! Not trying to hammer you, but your comments may be unwarranted, especially since they don't offer price matching!
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
rowyco1526
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

$15 to rectify a problem with a customer because of the company's difficulties keeping their website up to date? Sounds like a no brainer to me. I guess I am just old fashioned and believe the customer is always right motto.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I too have had great service from them. If they don't want to price match anyones price that is their right not to do so, I don't know of any other cart parts sites that will either. Nowhere on their site does it say they will do that. HOWEVER, I do totally agree that ANY SITE should remove products from their website if they can't get it or even sell it. The same thing has happened to me and I didn't get pissed off, I simply got a different one. I think the title of this thread is misleading and unwarranted, some dealers would wait weeks or even months to tell you they don't have or can't get something....all the while holding YOUR money. At least they contacted you within minutes to let you know.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
rowyco1526
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I wasn't asking them if they would price match. I simply asked if they would substitute the item that I ordered with the one they do stock for the same price which I had already made payment for.

Last edited by rowyco1526; 09-08-2008 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 09-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Thats what price matching is......the one they had in stock (which cost more) you wanted for the same price as the one they do not build anymore and had already made payment on. If it's not price matching then what is it called?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #9
rowyco1526
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I guess my definition is out of date. Anyways, All is solved. I got the kit through another company, I really was more just upset at the situation and after all, this is a forum where people are allowed to express their opinion.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:23 PM   #10
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowyco1526 View Post
I guess my definition is out of date. Anyways, All is solved. I got the kit through another company, I really was more just upset at the situation and after all, this is a forum where people are allowed to express their opinion.
Yep, EVERYONE has an opinion. Glad you got it sorted. Good luck with your build.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts