lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
jfelix71
Not Yet Wild

Default Killed my precedent today help!

I wass towing a trailer today now my precedent smells like electrical burning and it won't move, every once and while it might go in reverse. I think I killed the controller, do you think I killed the motor or controller? What controller can I put on that can handle pulling a trailer?
jfelix71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
jfelix71
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Killed my precedent today help!

Ok so I found a little jumper with a resistor or something on it that connected between the controler and another smal device in the middle of the cart. There are yellow wires connected into the jumper. Even with the power off it was still hot and melting... Not sure what this liittle piece is.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

There are stickys under Electric Club Car, (this forum,) with wiring diagrams to help you. If your trailer was heavy or using it going up hills, etc. you're going to overload your equipment and my guess... you most likely burned up the windings in your motor.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
jfelix71
Not Yet Wild

I found out the piece that was smelly and hot was the Diode. I guess my first step is to try to replace this.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car