lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #1
Gordo774
Not Yet Wild

Default Early 2000's TXT Maddening Issue

Hi All,

Brand new here, long time EZ GO golf cart owner. Had a '94 Marathon until last year and bought a TXT about 10 years ago, but it was used a few years.

The golf carts get used primarily at a cabin/property in well maintained trails through the 200 acres. That being said, I would not call these anywhere near golf course conditions and these are stock golf carts. Have always served us well.

Anyway, the TXT has been giving some issues for the past year, which many of us in the family have chalked up to the age of the batteries (7-8 years, used probably 30 days a year, sit on float charger rest of year, but in a non-heated garage).

Replaced the batteries (and wires to 4g from 6g we've always used) this year and all was fine! Ran all day no issues after replacement.... until the next day.

Took it off the charger as normal, all connections good, full voltage on all 6 batteries in parallel, put in the key, put it in forward and.... nothing. At all. Checked everything multiple times and had to get home so just put it back on the charger.

Fast forward 2 weeks. Back up at the cabin, put the key back in and nothing again. So I decide to think back on what worked when I replaced the batteries. Reseated all of the connections, etc, still no dice. So I flick the switch to tow mode and rock it back and forth a few times across the garage floor 15-20 ft. Put it back in run mode and decide to see if the "drift" warning was working (where it senses if your cart is drifting down a hill and beeps), to my surprise it didn't. So I decide to take a complete shot in the dark and push it forward and hit the gas before it comes to a halt and boom! It takes off no issue.

Wife and I use the cart for a few hours around the property. Come in for dinner. Go back out for a sunset ride and.... nothing again. At all. So I decided to try my "drift" trick again. This time the drift warning kicks in and beeps as it should, but no go no matter what I try.

It's currently sitting on the charger again, but I'm looking for any theories. Outside of checking to see if all the batteries are providing full voltage, we've never had any issues outside of replacing the batteries with the old 94 Marathon, and this one looks a bit more advanced.

Any theories?
Gordo774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2018, 11:02 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Early 2000's TXT Maddening Issue

With a Run/Tow switch the TXT (body style) is either a DCS or PDS drive.

If it is a PDS (2000 or later), put controller into diagnostic mode and listen for the error code.

The text at the bottom of attached label tells how to get into diagnostic mode.

-----------
Next time it won't go, try lifting up on the accelerator pedal. If it runs after that, clean the pedal pivot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:19 AM   #3
Gordo774
Not Yet Wild

I’m fairly certain that it’s a DCS, but that chart is helpful, thank you.

When you say “lift up”, do you mean once it’s in the no-throttle position at rest to then put my hand behind it and pull it toward the seat?
Old 05-13-2018, 12:30 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo774 View Post
I’m fairly certain that it’s a DCS, but that chart is helpful, thank you.

When you say “lift up”, do you mean once it’s in the no-throttle position at rest to then put my hand behind it and pull it toward the seat?
Yes.

There is a HPD (High Pedal Disable) error that occurs when the pedal doesn't return all the way up and if there some debris blocking the pedal or the spring is weakened, it might not return to the fully upright position.

-----------
The chart only applies to PDS drive systems. DCS doesn't have a diagnostic mode or error codes.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:48 AM   #5
Gordo774
Not Yet Wild

That looks to be it. It happened twice more this weekend. Either a pull on the pedal or going under the cart and wiping off the pedal underneath on the arm and then pulling the arm from underneath got it going again.

Any suggestions on how to fix permanently?
Old 05-30-2018, 08:21 AM   #6
Gordo774
Not Yet Wild

Any suggestions on how to fix permanently?
Old 05-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If pulling up on the pedal fixes it either the return spring is weak or broken or there is trash in the pedal box.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO