lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2015, 08:42 AM   #1
Nifrost
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 precedent wheel/tire questions

Hello all, thanks for sharing your knowledge on this forum. I've lurked for a while and recently became registered-there is a wealth of info here! Although I'm not new to golf carts, I am new to the idea of modifications and am exploring some customizations for my precedent.

Currently I have no lift and stock wheels on my precedent. I'm looking at going to a 6" A-arm lift and 23x10.5-12 AT tires on 12x6.5 -20mm fairway alloy wheels. Id like for these to stick out a way to eventually fill up a set of fender flares and to improve the stance/wider wheelbase for stability.

Question is, have I selected the correct wheel/offset to accomplish these goals? Will I have any rubbing problems? Will I need wheel spacers too? I've thought about going with a 5" lift and 22" wheels, but the 5"ers aren't near as plentiful or competitively priced as the 6"ers seem.

Also, I'll eventually get a rear flip seat and it will be used primarily as a lake-house cruiser and no rough off-road use. Am going with the A-arm style primarily for the ride quality.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Nifrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2015, 09:53 AM   #2
1970buick
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2010 precedent wheel/tire questions

I used a 2+5 off set wheel on my precedent and the tires came out a bit more than an inch past the stock fender. If you want a wider stance I would suggest 1" wheel spacers, I think 2" spacers and you would have tire out past flares.
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #3
Nifrost
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. I was questioning the 3+4 vs the 2+5 offsets-I have zero experience with custom wheels and tires. I think 1" past the fenders is exactly the look I'm going for. I'll have to see if the wheels I want are available in 2+5 confiig. Is it common to run offset wheels and spacers together?
Old 03-14-2015, 12:27 PM   #4
Nifrost
Not Yet Wild

Should I expect any tire rubbing issues with either of these offset configurations?
Old 03-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #5
1970buick
Gone Wild

6" lift and 23" tires will cause no rubbing, unless you have a backseat with people in it. Then I would add HD springs in back
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #6
Nifrost
Not Yet Wild

Appreciate the info! Think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on my first cart mod project. I'm sure there'll be more questions along the way....
Old 03-14-2015, 09:36 PM   #7
pleighdammet
Professional jerry rigger

Club Car

never had any rubbing with mine. a lift will move the front tires forward some too and give clearance. more issue with the back than the front but I still never had any problems there and I have fat friends that rode back there, even with the stock springs. I did collapse the rear springs and had to upgrade them but still never rubbed the tires
pleighdammet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:17 AM   #8
Mjbock40
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have a 6" jakes spindle lift with 22-11-12 tires. I installed hd rear springs too. I am unsure of my offset on the wheels but my tires were way under the flares so I installed some 2" spacers and I like the way they sit now. here is a few pics to show you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0132.jpg (111.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0133.jpg (111.3 KB, 0 views)
Mjbock40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:49 AM   #9
Nifrost
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. Your experience helps greatly. Since I'm going to purchase new wheels along with the lift, I'm trying to avoid spacers by selecting the right offset the first time. trying to decide if a 2:5 would make them stick out past the flares. of if I should play it safe by getting the 3:4 and adding an inch spacer if I don't like the look. I feel good that I won't regret going with the 23x10.5-12 tires as it seems this is a pretty common setup.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:18 PM   #10
chriskent85
Gone Wild

The lifts are the reason you would need a spacer in the rear. Most lift widen the front for better stability and I assume its probably easier to design that way. Only way you could do it your way is to bet a different offset for the rear but then you would have more of a deep front in the back.
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts