lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
beachbum22
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2009 Yamaha electric cart problem

Hi, just bought a 2009 yamaha golf cart!, the problem i am having is when i move the switch to forward or reverse and the key on the cart wont move?
the batteries are fully charged.My friend came over and switched the tow/ run switch a couple of times and then the forward/ reverse started working? after that we drove the cart for a couple of miles, got home and put on charger again!the next day went to drive the cart same problem? wont move in forward/ or reverse. Iam lost any ideas its under warranty and the shop says they cant find a problem? its working fine for them? they still have the cart in the shop. Thank you for your help?
beachbum22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 Yamaha electric cart problem

Sorry to hear your haveing problems. Yes, if it won't "acted up" at the shop, it makes it much harder to diagnoss, even if there using a "Genuis" reader. I do want to add, if your trying to "reset" the controller with the run/tow switch, leave it tow for 5 minutes, that will alow all the energy to drain out of the capacitors in the controller and hopefully rest the controller. My gut feeling...the "stop switch" at the pedal is intermitent. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:48 AM   #3
beachbum22
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank You for your help!
is the switch hard to replace? and any idea the location of this switch?
Thank You!!
beachbum22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
Courtesycartguy227
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I would say its the stop switch to. Its not that hard to replace take the plastic rivets out of the floor mat, lift it up and out of the way, remove the plate from over the padel and you will see the stop switch behind the brake pedal. Two screws hold it on. Also I would check the throttle switch beside the gas pedal too.
Courtesycartguy227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:13 AM   #5
towguy111@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

G29 yamaha won't move batteries are full
towguy111@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha