lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2013, 05:45 AM   #1
1fromthewest
Not Yet Wild

Default o3 club car 36 v very slow ???

hello, i have a 2003 club car with 6 batteries. I have tested all batteries with load tester and all ate between 6.3 and 6.7volts with load. All batts have good levels of water/acid. No charging issues.

Now that i gave a run down of the batteries the issue is the cart has become slower then it used to be. I am not looking for breaking any speed records, but i am looking to you guys here at buggiesgonewild to hopefully get a quick fix on why the cart has slowed. Is there a fitting or cable or wire or connection that may have to be redone to get the normal speed back?
I did some reading about this issue but they seem to ask "how to make cart faster then full speed" i am trying to get back to normal high speed. Driving on the grass. Really kills the speed to a crawl and up hill on the grass it wont even.do. it drives nice on a flat smooth concrete road.

Please help with any input or suggestions. I thank you in advance.
1fromthewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: o3 club car 36 v very slow ???

. . . check all wire connections at your V-Glide and at your resistor board to make sure they are clean and tight . . . that is a starting point, assuming batteries are good as you stated . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
Wax
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I'm having the exact same issue with my club car right now. I'm going to try cleaning my batteries, I guess you just scrub down the top with baking soda and water? I got this cart in the late fall and it was running great. As winter came in (and it got colder) it started getting slower and slower. I can barely climb a hill right now, and when I got it there was no issue. I thought it was just because of the cold (not sure where you are), but we've had a couple warmer days like near 50 here in Michigan and my cart still won't perform. It's fine on flat like you said (I even plow with mine), but uphill is atrocious. I hope somebody has answers for you, because I would also like to know.
Wax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Expect a significant power loss at cold temps.

The 03 resistor coil cart could have an accelerator or V glide issue. Remove the cover and with the key off see if the speed wiper arm is going all the way up to the last lug.

Beyond that, this type of complaint is usually battery condition related. Attach a meter to the battery pack and see what the voltage drops to when you try to go in the grass.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Ntheclub
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Expect a significant power loss at cold temps.

The 03 resistor coil cart could have an accelerator or V glide issue. Remove the cover and with the key off see if the speed wiper arm is going all the way up to the last lug.

Beyond that, this type of complaint is usually battery condition related. Attach a meter to the battery pack and see what the voltage drops to when you try to go in the grass.
Ive noticed acouple mph loss with frezzing night temps we have be having
Ntheclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Battery performance falls way off when they are cold.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
cmar143
Gone Wild

There are so many things I have found to cause this issue. Some of the things to look at are:
Make sure resistor coils are not touching each other
Make sure that the wiper on the vglide is adjusted flat to the plates and moves the entire length of the vglide when pedal is depressed.
Check F/R switch...preferably take it apart and sand copper terminals with emery cloth or fine sandpaper.
With DVM check M- and B- with wheels in the air and pedal to the floor to make sure you are getting full battery pack voltage. If not it is getting stolen somewhere so go back to the first point and check again.
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #8
gadavis
Gone Wild

6.3 and 6.7 volts is not a full charge reading for a charged up 6 volt is it? Shouldn't it read over 7 volts if fully charged?
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:01 AM   #9
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I thought all 2003 club cars were 48 v
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #10
1fromthewest
Not Yet Wild

Im in florida so its NOT the cold. Lol

As far as the voltage , i said they are all over 6 volts on a LOAD tester. When just checking voltage they are all above 7.

Ill clean the connections and check the things explained and get back.

Thanks for the replys so far.
1fromthewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car