lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #21
ajbrown
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Increase hill and overall speed 2000.5 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Stock series carts do not go 10-20mph ?
The golf courses will not allow it.
12-14 is normal.
Good point, I stand corrected . What I called stock was what the original owners had in the cart when they bought it for using in a retirement communuty. That motor, which went around 19 is what I called stock which is incorrect. I forget that carts were originally built for golf courses
ajbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #22
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

kelerjam can you post a picture of your cart? 19"? and yeah GPS it
Tbinkley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #23
kellerjam
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for making me finally get off my arse and update my profile with the pic. Hope you can see it well enough.

I basically bought it for not too much over what the guy paid for the rims/wheels, sportshield, seat cover, custom body, new batteries, halogen lights, etc., so I thought this was a perfect start to basically throw in a stereo and flip rear seat with seatbelts and focus on upgrading performance since i like the way it looks as is for the most part (have carbon fiber dash, chrome steering column cover, and black/chrome APC steering wheel on the way already).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbinkley3 View Post
kelerjam can you post a picture of your cart? 19"? and yeah GPS it
kellerjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #24
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thumbs up Re: Increase hill and overall speed 2000.5 series

Dude...she's a keeper...that's a good looking ride
Old 06-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #25
kellerjam
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks. I knew when I test drove it I would have to put some $$$ but she's a great "starter" cosmetically and from what I understand, Club Car is very solid fram the standpoint of suspension, etc (stuff I really don't wnat to deal with). Convinced my wife to not put the top on - that sportshield is very cool and different from all the rides in the neighborhood. Now I just need to get her ready for the (unofficial) 4th of July community race

Quote:
Dude...she's a keeper...that's a good looking ride
Old 06-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #26
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Cool Re: Increase hill and overall speed 2000.5 series

Thats the next project for mine...Sport windshield and black powdercoated roll bars with purple under carriage led lights. We were supposed to do this Memorial Day weekend but decided to ride it instead of work on it. The last mod on the list are the disc breaks. I can't wait to see her with her top off
Old 06-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #27
kellerjam
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

That thing will be smokin' - - I think you'll like her without the top

Quote:
Thats the next project for mine...Sport windshield and black powdercoated roll bars with purple under carriage led lights. We were supposed to do this Memorial Day weekend but decided to ride it instead of work on it. The last mod on the list are the disc breaks. I can't wait to see her with her top off
Old 06-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #28
kellerjam
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hey guys, finally had time last week to install an Alltrax 4855 (500A) controller, 2g wires and HD F/R & solenoid. Got a little more speed up the hill, but not as much as expected. Going to call Alltrax to see if I can adjust controller settings to help. Pretty much resigned to the fact I need to upgrade the motor, too, but I have a more pressing short term issue.

I bought a rear seat kit, but when I had three adults on the cart I noticed the tries are rubbing on the frame. So clearly the current set up will not be able to handle a 100lb rear seat with 2 adults and three kids.

The slightly larger tires put on by the previous owner only have a couple inches of clearance as I hope you can see in pic. Would like your advice on options. For example, you think installing a HD rear leaf spring kit would do the trick or will I need to lift the cart (would prefer not to as I like the lower profile).

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Boy the trouble shooting so far is a lot of work, but it is a fun hobby.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #29
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

What size rims did you have? I don't wanna go back and re-read everything. Tires are low pro right?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #30
kellerjam
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yes, tires are 225/35/12 EFX Lo Pros and rims are 13" diameter. I couldn't find exact specs but I think original tires were 18" so only an inch difference, but maybe that's enough...

Appreciate any recommendations
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car