lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default More dumb questions

I got it wired up and I kicked it over after putting some gas in the carb. I was wondering what the red lead is coming from under the flywheel shield. It looks like it goes to a module on the side of the carb. Anybody want to tell me if I am right before pulling all the tin. If it does go to the carb what does it do? It looks like I have the 16 amp version. According to my model number I have two black leads coming from the engine going into a connector to two yellow wires. Then one red that comes out of the rectifier I guess which should charge the battery. I have two other wires near them. I think one ( black ) goes to the coil to shut the motor down and the other goes to the carb. Any of you guys confirm that?
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: More dumb questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazdo2 View Post
I got it wired up and I kicked it over after putting some gas in the carb. I was wondering what the red lead is coming from under the flywheel shield. It looks like it goes to a module on the side of the carb. Anybody want to tell me if I am right before pulling all the tin. If it does go to the carb what does it do? It looks like I have the 16 amp version. According to my model number I have two black leads coming from the engine going into a connector to two yellow wires. Then one red that comes out of the rectifier I guess which should charge the battery. I have two other wires near them. I think one ( black ) goes to the coil to shut the motor down and the other goes to the carb. Any of you guys confirm that?

The red wire goes to the fuel solenoid,it needs 12 volts to open the flow of gas to the carb.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: More dumb questions

Thanks AGAIN!!!!!!!
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!