lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2009, 06:57 AM   #1
getbkjojo
Not Yet Wild

Default Electrical Troubleshooting 98 Club Car

My cart just died when I hit a bump in the road. Have reset the OBC, still nothing. Does anyone have a good detailed Troubleshooting guide. This is my first cart and I am new at this but I am a quick learner. I have my Fluke ready. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
getbkjojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
getbkjojo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Electrical Troubleshooting 98 Club Car

MORE INFORMATION: Ok, When I press on the pedal the cart acts like it wants to move, the motor seems to try to turn for about 1/10 of a second.
I have checked all the battery connections and they are all good. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you from Grand Lake Oklahoma.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

to BGW !

Check across the entire pack with a Digital Volt meter and post results here.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Usually this type of problem is caused by a bad or broken connection......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
getbkjojo
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for to the gentlemen who responded. I have good news. My neighbor, an older gentleman came over and looked at the cart. He tapped the solenoid and the darned thing started working but quit again in a few moments. Another tap, it worked again. I went to the store , got a new soleniod and now all is well. I really want to thank the people who responded. This is a great forum and after reading other posts I am very impressed with the members. I am sure you have not heard the last from me.
Many thanks again. Robert, Grand Lake Oklahoma.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I HOPE YOU WENT TO A GOLF CART STORE The continuous duty of a golf cart solenoid is unique so an automotive solenoid will last a day or so ......Good luck
P.S.
Smart old man
Old 10-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
getbkjojo
Not Yet Wild

Scotty, Yes, I bought it at the Club Car Dealer in Grove Oklahoma. I sorta knew the 12v automotive wouldnt be a good choice and you just confirmed it. I am glad I spent the extra money on the right part. I learned a valuable lesson today. The lesson was: Just because a seloniod is clicking, doesnt mean that its working. Thanks again for all your support. Come to Oklahoma and I will buy you a beer and take you fishing.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbkjojo View Post
Scotty, Yes, I bought it at the Club Car Dealer in Grove Oklahoma. I sorta knew the 12v automotive wouldnt be a good choice and you just confirmed it. I am glad I spent the extra money on the right part. I learned a valuable lesson today. The lesson was: Just because a seloniod is clicking, doesnt mean that its working. Thanks again for all your support. Come to Oklahoma and I will buy you a beer and take you fishing.
That is a seldom learned lesson Love to fish OK. Can't say when we will make it ... inlaws are okies, go sooners
Old 10-21-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbkjojo View Post
Thank you for to the gentlemen who responded. I have good news. My neighbor, an older gentleman came over and looked at the cart. He tapped the solenoid and the darned thing started working but quit again in a few moments. Another tap, it worked again. I went to the store , got a new soleniod and now all is well. I really want to thank the people who responded. This is a great forum and after reading other posts I am very impressed with the members. I am sure you have not heard the last from me.
Many thanks again. Robert, Grand Lake Oklahoma.
Thank God for old people
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
daddyztoyz
Not Yet Wild

Hello all
Don`t throw that old solenoid away, if the holding coil is good you can grind or drill the rivets out, take it apart, and clean the contacts, if they`re not burned slam up. At 40-75$ a pop, its worth a shot for an emergency spare if nothing else.
daddyztoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car