lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2019, 03:16 AM   #1
Hawleywood1
Not Yet Wild

Default 1986 club car ds

Recently purchased a 1986 club car ds and immediately started nodding. So far I have converted to solid state using scottyb's conversion kit, lifted the front 1.5" and flipped the axle in the rear and added 20" tires.
Hawleywood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2019, 03:17 AM   #2
Hawleywood1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1986 club car ds

Still operating on 36v but looking to upgrade and possibly go lithium next. Pictures to follow internet is currently spotty.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:18 AM   #3
Hawleywood1
Not Yet Wild

I do want to thank everyone on here I've gained a lit of knowledge already
Old 09-24-2019, 05:39 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:51 AM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:58 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Hiya!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:34 PM   #7
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Welcome to the addiction

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:18 PM   #8
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

I recently acquired my first cart which is a 98' DS 48 volt basket case. I refer to it as a blank canvas to make it what I want. Sounds like you are doing some of the things I am interested in doing. How did you do your front end 1.5 inch lift? Also, when you moved the axle in the rear did you have to modify anything else for that to work. Mine is probably a little longer project than you just due to other time constraints. I am also thinking 20" tires would be good for me. Curious to hear how your fit and look. Joe
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:07 PM   #9
Hawleywood1
Not Yet Wild

For the front end lift I used one of the aluminum lift blocks plus a piece of hpde plastic that I cut to fit. It fits the 20" tall tires but I doubt it would take anything larger without rubbing. Flipping the rear axle really gave a little more lift than I wanted. Probably 3-4" so the cart has a bit of rake to it which i don't really love. I'm considering flipping the rear axle back on top of the springs and just making some extended shackles to match the front lift.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:47 AM   #10
swm63
Gone Wild

The XRT shackles are 1.5" longer. I did exactly this to my daughter's 2008 DS. Dave @ RevolutionGolfCars got them for me and they were very inexpensive.
He's a site sponsor and our resident Club Car guru.
Edit: The newer shackles have a bend in them that may not match up with yours as I believe that yours are straight. Sorry for the confusion. Dave will have an answer for you.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car