lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2019, 08:48 PM   #1
Musthang
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 07 Precedent drives forward but no reverse

I have a 2007 Club Car that won’t move in reverse. There isn’t even a back up alarm that goes off. The cart has 4 12v batteries 1 being less than a month old and the others less than a year old.
I’ve replaced the solenoid thinking it was possibly bad and that didn’t fix the problem.
I’ve also pulled the F/R switch and swapped my wires and when in reverse it went forward so I’m assuming my switch is good.

This thing is very inconsistent when trouble shooting. At times in the forward position the solenoid will click but the cart won’t move. Also if left in reverse with key on the motor gets extremely hot to the touch.
When I replaced the solenoid I was trying to test it and I had both the main red wire and the main yellow wire completely disconnected from the solenoid and just the small blue wire and small blue/white wire connected and the cart still moved forward when pressing the gas pedal.

I’m at a loss, can someone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks,
Jimmy
Musthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2019, 09:21 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 07 Precedent drives forward but no reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musthang View Post
-snip-
I had both the main red wire and the main yellow wire completely disconnected from the solenoid and just the small blue wire and small blue/white wire connected and the cart still moved forward when pressing the gas pedal.

I’m at a loss, can someone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks,
Jimmy
You probably just felt the initial movement form the capacitors discharging.

No reverse, no back up alarm when Rev is selected, hot motor when Rev is selected, and goes in forward when you flip-flopped the directional switch identifies a bad controller FET. Will need to replace the controller. I would replace it with an Alltrax XCT300 for the best bang for your buck over an OEM.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:40 PM   #3
Musthang
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
You probably just felt the initial movement form the capacitors discharging.

No reverse, no back up alarm when Rev is selected, hot motor when Rev is selected, and goes in forward when you flip-flopped the directional switch identifies a bad controller FET. Will need to replace the controller. I would replace it with an Alltrax XCT300 for the best bang for your buck over an OEM.
Nolefan4Ever thank you for the quick response. I was afraid that you were going to say the controller.
I have a 2012 gas powered Yamaha that I use for the drag races so I’m thinking once I fix this Club Car it’s going up for sale.
With that being said I’ll probably be on the hunt for a used controller for this one if anyone has any leads.
Part Number : 102806201
Model : 1510A-5251
Old 10-01-2019, 11:28 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Look here for one http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-carts-parts/ and/or post "WTB" and state what you are looking for.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:48 AM   #5
Musthang
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Look here for one http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-carts-parts/ and/or post "WTB" and state what you are looking for.
Thanks, I’ve gotta rack up a few more posts before I can post there but I’ll get there.
Who are you guys buying Alltrax from worst case scenario?
Old 10-02-2019, 12:23 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree it sounds like the controller but that conclusion cannot be positively made from the tests performed, specially with the symptom of "no buzzer sound".

Make sure the Controller pin #16 (Blue wire) gets 48v when the FNR is on Reverse.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 12:42 PM   #7
Musthang
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I agree it sounds like the controller but that conclusion cannot be positively made from the tests performed, specially with the symptom of "no buzzer sound".

Make sure the Controller pin #16 (Blue wire) gets 48v when the FNR is on Reverse.
Sergio,
Thanks for chiming in. I will check this as soon as I get to the house and report back.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:18 PM   #8
Musthang
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:

Is this the #16 pin that I needed to check? If so there isn’t any volts going to it. What could this mean?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 080DDE5B-773C-43EA-8FC1-DEE6A1AC6959.jpg (146.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-02-2019, 04:27 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the Tow/Run switch is on Run and the FNR is on Rev, there should be 48v on that pin or you have a problem with the Blue wire between that pin and the FNR (since You already tested the FNR switch itself).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 04:32 PM   #10
Musthang
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
If the Tow/Run switch is on Run and the FNR is on Rev, there should be 48v on that pin or you have a problem with the Blue wire between that pin and the FNR (since You already tested the FNR switch itself).
I will trace that wire and see what I can find.

What’s causing my motor to get hot when leaving the key on, FNR in rev? I accidentally did it again earlier and I remember 10 minutes later and the motor was to hot to touch.

Also, it looks like they’ve replaced this motor recently with a used one. Is it possible that it could be the wrong motor?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car