lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2019, 09:42 PM   #1
DavidTaylor
Not Yet Wild

Smile AC0137 - Won't Move FWD or BKWD

Really could use some help here. Club Car 2001 48v Regen 2. Batteries fully charged at 50.4 Volts. When Tow run switch is flipped to Run, I hear a momentary solenoid click on, then off. Turned key ON. Press F/R switch to Fwd. Press accelerator pedal... I hear solenoid turn ON but cart won't move. Same for Reverse. Reverse Buzzer sounds fine.

I had problems with PowerDrive2 charger not working, so I bypassed the OBC per instructions found here for this year/model. Charger is now working properly, I know its a manual charge and will monitor, to prevent overcharge.

I have this cart on jack stands, front and rear. Is there a way determine if the MCOR is defective or possible Controler / Motor failure.? This CC was working just fine and then boom.... it quit.
DavidTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2019, 10:56 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: AC0137 - Won't Move FWD or BKWD

Do you have a converted MCOR or is it a V-glide/MSP?

You probably need to start testing in the solenoid area....

Here is a drawing for your cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC_powerdrive_plus_(regen2).jpg (499.5 KB, 0 views)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:09 AM   #3
DavidTaylor
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the quick reply... The MCOR1 was replaced about a year ago... It has not been converted to any newer version... This is a 48v PowerDrive Plus CC with Regen2.. It has F/R rocker switch and tow/run switch... Solenoid turns on when pedal is depressed and I have power to B+ terminal of Controller... I am not sure where to go from that point. The wiring schematic does not provide enough detail to determine where the voltage goes from there to motor...

I do not know the resistance values of the MCOR circuit to test at the Controller to determine if the MCOR has failed again... The CC acts like it is in lockout mode... I already joined the Blue and White wires at the 6 pin connector and disabled the other 4 wires at the 6 pin connector, when I bypassed the OBC.

I am suspect of MCOR, Solenoid, Controller or Motor... I really don't want to start throwing parts on it until I have determined where the problem lies..

Any suggestions?
Old 05-28-2019, 06:49 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor View Post
Thank you for the quick reply... The MCOR1 was replaced about a year ago... It has not been converted to any newer version... This is a 48v PowerDrive Plus CC with Regen2.. It has F/R rocker switch and tow/run switch... Solenoid turns on when pedal is depressed and I have power to B+ terminal of Controller... I am not sure where to go from that point. The wiring schematic does not provide enough detail to determine where the voltage goes from there to motor...

I do not know the resistance values of the MCOR circuit to test at the Controller to determine if the MCOR has failed again... The CC acts like it is in lockout mode... I already joined the Blue and White wires at the 6 pin connector and disabled the other 4 wires at the 6 pin connector, when I bypassed the OBC.

I am suspect of MCOR, Solenoid, Controller or Motor... I really don't want to start throwing parts on it until I have determined where the problem lies..

Any suggestions?
With the batteries connected, Tow/Run switch in Run; place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red (+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32vdc to ~0.5vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65vdc or more when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle).
Old 05-28-2019, 07:20 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And BTW- They have not made an MCOR1 in many many years. 1 & 3 are gone, there is MCOR2 and 4 and that is it now, so yours may be a NOS or a knock-off. Not sure what is out there as I only use the OEM MCOR's and not the Chinese ones. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with yours, just letting you know the market.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:12 AM   #6
DavidTaylor
Not Yet Wild

A little confused here... This CC is a 2001 48v. PowerDrive Plus w/MCOR1. The wiring schematic you posted is not for this specific CC. There is no yellow wire at MCOR1. There are Purple, White/Black and Yellow/Black wires at the 3 wire connector. There is Blue and Green/White at the 2 wire connector. I have the wiring schematic but it does not match the one you posted. Remember, mine has a F/R rocker switch (not lever) and has a Tow/Run switch.

Here is the Model # AC0137-068645
Old 05-28-2019, 08:29 AM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You probably have the late 2001 Regen II model with a single solenoid right?

The yellow and the yellow/black wires are the same for the test mentioned.

I think it is also a good idea to add an inline fuse (15 amps) on the red/white wire from the Solenoid big post.

That wire powers the Tow/Run switch and with the OBC by-passed there is no current limiting device in case of a short anywhere in the harness.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:39 AM   #8
DavidTaylor
Not Yet Wild

You are correct. Now you have the correct CC wiring schematic. I will add the 15 amp fuse at solenoid first. Then do the voltage test at the yellow/black wire and report my findings. I appreciate your help..
Old 05-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #9
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Sergio, what are the Green and Yellow wires from the OBC to controller?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTaylor View Post
-snip- Remember, mine has a F/R rocker switch (not lever) and has a Tow/Run switch.

Here is the Model # AC0137-068645
Remember, there is no such thing as a Regen (1 or 2) with a FNR lever. They all have the Fwd/Rev Rocker Switch. Run/Tow switches were on 2's and not on 1's.

You sounded like you were familiar with your cart so I thought you new how the colors were oriented together or pinned in at the controller. Sometimes I "assume" someone knows what I mean and forget they may not.

Thanks for jumping in Sergio.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car