lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2018, 10:44 PM   #1
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Return RXV suspension to stock

maybe I need my head examined but I really think I'm done with my long travel RXV and want to return my cart to it's stock suspension.

In my infinite wisdom, I threw away all the original parts because with each variant I thought it was the BEST way to go...

I've had a 6" spindle which was awful for stability and a very harsh ride. I now have a long travel which is great for off road but is too loose on the road (where I am 98% of the time).

maybe someone has nearly new front suspension parts for an RXV????
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2018, 07:59 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Return RXV suspension to stock

When I bought the 2009 RXV chassis that I stripped down to build my Bandolero from, I saved the old struts, A-arms, and spindles that came with it. I bought brand new struts and spindles, expecting to use them, but when I put in the disc brake kit, the kit came with new spindles that have caliper mounts on them. What year is your RXV? It makes a difference in the struts and strut mounts on the dash support. I was going to use my 2012 struts, but they do not fit the 2009 strut mounting locations. So I have both types of struts.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:04 AM   #3
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
When I bought the 2009 RXV chassis that I stripped down to build my Bandolero from, I saved the old struts, A-arms, and spindles that came with it. I bought brand new struts and spindles, expecting to use them, but when I put in the disc brake kit, the kit came with new spindles that have caliper mounts on them. What year is your RXV? It makes a difference in the struts and strut mounts on the dash support. I was going to use my 2012 struts, but they do not fit the 2009 strut mounting locations. So I have both types of struts.
Hi Bob. My RXV is a 2010.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:09 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs_huntingcart View Post
Hi Bob. My RXV is a 2010.
Ok, 2010 was the transition year. I think from 2010 on there were 2 sets of strut mounting holes so that either strut could be used. The tops of the old style longer struts bolted into the lower holes, while the tops of the new style shorter struts bolted into the upper holes. I checked, and I have a pair of the new style struts, and a pair of the old style struts. I'll have to look around out in the shop, but I should still have the A-arms, spindles, and bushings/pins. I rarely toss anything out that is still usable.

Here's a photo of both strut types, side by side, so you can see what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Struts.jpg (437.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by BobBoyce; 05-31-2018 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: Found the other old stype strut
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO