lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2017, 08:35 PM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 96 club car Regen 1 questions

I have a regen 1 that's not running at the moment. Batteries are a month old. A few weeks ago it would move, but very sluggish. I bypassed the dynamic solenoid, and that seemed to help that out, then it would intermingling not run, now nothing. It still has the old T style controller. Solenoid didn't click, but I have pack voltage at both small terminals. I jumped the negative small post to the negative battery pack bypassing the OBC and the solenoid will click, but still no go. Any other way the OBC might lock out the control? Also the wiring diagrams I've seen for this cart show a potentiometer under the pedal. This one has the wiper board. Did they make both that year? What else can I check to confirm bad controller? FSIP has a conversion kit for this cart, but I'd like to make sure that's the problem before purchasing it. I understand the regen 1 is a different animal, that's why I'm seeking advice. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2017, 09:01 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: 96 club car Regen 1 questions

What about the charge port lock out? That could be a problem.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 09:19 PM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

How would I check that?

Old 07-08-2017, 09:28 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is the proper way to bypass the OBC lockout on a Regen-1 system:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1252168
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 09:46 PM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Sergio, I thought I could just apply a negative to the solenoid would bypass it. I'll try that tomorrow.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:40 AM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I unhooked the yellow wire at the bullet connector and ran it from the controller to pack negative and still no go, no solenoid click. The only way the solenoid will click is if you jump pack negative to solenoid negative and then it clicks instantly not with the pedal, but still no go.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:17 PM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is the controller responsible for sending ground to the solenoid? I get constant pack voltage on both terminals, but no click. The switch in the v glide checks good. Any other suggestions before I go for the conversion kit?

Old 07-09-2017, 10:04 PM   #8
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

The black controller energizes the main solenoid. You should hear the solenoid instantly when you turn on the key switch. About the only thing other than the black controller being the cause would be a bad or intermittent key switch. BTW spray contact cleaner (or isopropyl alcohol) and reconnect the big "Z" plug on that controller while wet a couple times. The pins are susceptible to making poor contact. Wait about a half hour for the connector to dry, then try it. Its worth a shot and worked for someone about three years ago. Long shot but because you described the problem as intermittent it could be the cheapest fix of all.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:12 AM   #9
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
The black controller energizes the main solenoid. You should hear the solenoid instantly when you turn on the key switch. About the only thing other than the black controller being the cause would be a bad or intermittent key switch. BTW spray contact cleaner (or isopropyl alcohol) and reconnect the big "Z" plug on that controller while wet a couple times. The pins are susceptible to making poor contact. Wait about a half hour for the connector to dry, then try it. Its worth a shot and worked for someone about three years ago. Long shot but because you described the problem as intermittent it could be the cheapest fix of all.
Thanks, it's not intermittent now, it's dead. I get no click at all with the key switch, and I've checked the key and it checks good. I'm thinking bad controller. FSIP offers a conversion to a new GE regen II control. Anyone ever done this? It's much cheaper than converting to IQ.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:00 AM   #10
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm still running a rebuilt black controller from many years ago - but there was a conversion done on THIS THREAD - not sure if it's what you are referring to - it is a successful install (with a small mis-step near the end) to a FX302 regen 1 controller.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car