lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2017, 07:32 AM   #1
ubjl02
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Field Maps for Admiral B2

My alltrax DCX 500 came to me loaded with field map 3. i am running an Admiral B2 motor with 8X6V batteries. It ran very well and reached speeds up to 31MPH. i requested the current map from Alltrax for the Admiral motor. i uploaded the new HEX file, and now run field map 45.
The cart runs just as smooth, but now tops out around 27 mph on a flat.

Does anyone else experience this as well?
Do you have a better map for this setup?

Has anyone modified a comm cable and their port cap to keep a cable in place at all times with the usb end sticking out? The way i am setup now, i have to remove the solenoid and harness to get access.
ubjl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2017, 08:26 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Field Maps for Admiral B2

This would have to be a DCS cart with unrestricted motor rpm. I'm curious as to what size tire you are running. (please don't say 12s or 10s) I'm wanting to calculate motor rpm
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:31 AM   #3
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubjl02 View Post

Has anyone modified a comm cable and their port cap to keep a cable in place at all times with the usb end sticking out? The way i am setup now, i have to remove the solenoid and harness to get access.
On my precedent I bought a 10 foot extension and leave it in place. I zip tied it so it wont wiggle out of the controller. Now I just plug in right under my dash, I can have my laptop on the seat. Watch out for flying laptops! That is NOT the voice of experience, just a thought.
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:33 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016CTD View Post
On my precedent I bought a 10 foot extension and leave it in place. I zip tied it so it wont wiggle out of the controller. Now I just plug in right under my dash, I can have my laptop on the seat. Watch out for flying laptops! That is NOT the voice of experience, just a thought.
Caution - if you thought texting and driving was dangerous...
Old 03-15-2017, 08:53 AM   #5
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:03 AM   #6
ubjl02
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

12" LIGHTSIDE Machined Aluminum Wheels and 215/40-12 Low Profile DOT Tires
(Golf Cart Type: E-Z-GO)
STE-LIGHTSIDE / 215/40
Old 03-15-2017, 09:04 AM   #7
ubjl02
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016CTD View Post
Old 03-15-2017, 09:34 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

https://tiresize.com/height-calculator/

215/40/12 = 18.8 inches tall.
18 is stock height. So about 5% fewer rpms per mph

At 30 mph motor rpm would be 6650
At 27 mph motor rpm would be 5985
Old 03-15-2017, 10:01 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A 215/40-12 tire is 18.77" tall, so your motor was spinning slightly over 6,900 RPM at 31 MPH, which is very likely to be faster than the max recommended RPM for an Admiral B2 motor. At 27 MPH, it is spinning a bit over 6,000 RPM, which is most likely within the recommended operating range.

One differences between Field Maps #3 and #45 appears to be how much the field is weakened at the top end. The more the field is weakened (Amp flow through field windings reduced) at the top end of the RPM spectrum, the fast the armature will spin for the same applied voltage, but the motor's efficiency is greatly reduced, so it runs hotter, which in turn shortens its lifespan.

------------
I used the stock solenoid mounting bracket and some spacers and some filing to mount the solenoid above and lower down on the DCX so the serial port wasn't blocked. I have a PDS and don't know if you can do the same with the stock solenoid mounting bracket used on the DCS, but it might be a possibility.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0015-cropped 1220x900.jpg (462.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:37 AM   #10
ubjl02
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks all,
i was doing search's to find acceptable RPM ranges for this motor, but did not find any.
Which map are you saying has the weakened top end causing more heat? 3 or 45?

i should of planned better when i installed my wiring. i used the original harness, that did not leave much slack to lower the solenoid. next time i have to get into the programming i may make some wiring changes.

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO