lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Smile Re: 89 club car moves slow in forward and barely moves in reverse

You know its been so long but it sure sounds like a problem you would have with a 5 soleniod setup. But a V glide??? I think i would swap the soleniod see if that takes care of it. Solenoid may be going and although scotty ......hi buddy how are you.......thinks the battery#.s are ok to be those #.s seem just a tad on low side and with batteries it dosn.t take much. I know its been some time since i have touched a cart but an 89 with V glide i would have guessed 5 soleniod setup. Oh well i would start by awapping soleniod with a kwone good one. Good luck...............
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #12
g22
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 89 club car moves slow in forward and barely moves in reverse

Thanks Shadowman, I will try swapping the solenoid
g22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:23 PM   #13
g22
Not Yet Wild

I have ordered a new solenoid . I did one more test that may or may not help. I connected the DVM (neg) to cart negative and (pos) to solenoid (the big post that is not always hot). When going in reverse it dropped to 15 then 13 and leveled off around 10.2 volts. When going forward it stayed around 34.4 volts. Does this mean the solenoid is bad or going bad?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-29-2014, 05:39 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by g22 View Post
I have ordered a new solenoid . I did one more test that may or may not help. I connected the DVM (neg) to cart negative and (pos) to solenoid (the big post that is not always hot). When going in reverse it dropped to 15 then 13 and leveled off around 10.2 volts. When going forward it stayed around 34.4 volts. Does this mean the solenoid is bad or going bad?

Thanks in advance
I think it means that you have The standard OEM half power reverse And that one of the batteries in the half of the pack used for reverse is weak… But I could be wrong. Only the shadow knows
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

OMG lookee here, I thought you had entered the witness protection program.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #16
g22
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply Scottyb. The weird thing is that with the DVM attached to each battery while moving, there is no significant difference in the voltage on any of the batteries One other thing I noticed is that to get it to move at all in reverse you have to have pedal barely pressed. Once you press it passed half way it stops moving. If you keep it barely pressed it will slowly creep backwards.

Thanks
Old 10-30-2014, 02:58 PM   #17
g22
Not Yet Wild

Waiting on big brown to deliver solenoid as shadowman suggested. Should be here tomorrow. I was doing some checking with the volt meter and noticed a couple of things. First instead of 18 volts going to the half voltage terminal on the F/R switch, I have 24 volts(25.2 actually) So it appears the previous owner has "messed" with it, the cable is coming from fourth battery in series instead of the third. I assume this will not cause any issue, correct? The other thing is with the key on(not pushing pedal), I measure pack voltage from cart negative to one of the big terminals on the solenoid while the F/R switch is in forward. When switched to reverse, I measure 25.2 volts from cart negative to the OTHER big solenoid terminal. Is that how it should be?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The thing with the gas pedal should have been the first thing you told us?
Open the V glide and check the contacts. Look for pitting or burn marks. If you are not sure what you are looking at post a pic here.
Inspect the coils for breaks...
You may have a bad F&R...see if wiggling or pulling the handle one way or the other effects the speed.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #19
g22
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply Scottyb. I will l pull/twist all the cables of F/R switch and also take a pic of the V glide with the cover off first thing tomorrow and post results.
Thanks again
Old 10-31-2014, 10:03 AM   #20
g22
Not Yet Wild

I drove around giggling and shaking the F/R lever with no noticeable difference in speed. I am posting pics of the v-glide below the second is with the pedal pressed all the way down to show the wiper arm travel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (10).jpg (109.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo (11).jpg (164.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car