lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
BenAthar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unhappy Charging Issue

Ok after the kids were driving around on the cart, mind you it was fully charged and still had enough left for a short trip.
I have an 86 ezgo with the usual 6-6v batt setup. Resistor cart. I am having a problem with getting the batts charged back up. Did a meter test on the charger lead and it was 40v, checked all the batts and they're at 6v as well. Thought it might be either a loose wire on the batts or the resistor coil, which one was.
I am either thinking I may have a bad connection either on the charger receptacle or maybe the first battery the leads connect to is not charging and going through to all the rest of the batts.
Any suggestions, may need to do a diagnostic test with the cart jacked up and the charger on it. Charger seems to be working ok, might check that next.
BenAthar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO