lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Speedy Link?

Came across a BGW sponsor claiming that the "speedy link" device will give your CC IQ a 5 mph boost. So I figure that if my CC is doing 20 mph with hs code and lift, then I should do 25 once I plug in the speedy link. Heck, once I get my purple motor, add another 5-6 additional mph and I'll be running at warp speed!! Does anyone have the speedy gadget installed in their ride?

thx
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Default Re: Speedy Link?

It doesnt work like that. If you are doing 15, it will take you to 19, no improvement over that. Its basicly a code 4 plug in for 150 bucks where you could go to the dealer and get the code 4 for 100 bucks.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXEROFCARTS View Post
It doesnt work like that. If you are doing 15, it will take you to 19, no improvement over that. Its basicly a code 4 plug in for 150 bucks where you could go to the dealer and get the code 4 for 100 bucks.
Actually, the speedy link is $119.95 and you don't have to load the cart up on the trailer and drag it to the dealer to get it programmed. Appreciate your concern though.

Have a nice day

easy, check this post. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post468245
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

In that case, I'd rather take my cart to the CC dealership and have them reprogram to speed code 4 for $100 rather then paying $120 to fool the motor by interrupting the line with this link. Once that device goes bad then you will end up paying another $100 to get it reprogrammed. Why go with an aftermarket rig when you can do it the right way with the people who designed the cart to begin with. Just thought it would add another 5 mph to my upgraded IQ (with the speed code 4).
Old 10-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Your assuming the device will go bad. Chances of the device going bad are probly as likely as needing to reprogram speed code 4.....but, to each his own. In EITHER case there are no guarantees you'll get 25 MPH.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

just thought it would be better getting the controller reprogrammed by CC rather then getting an after market product to do the same, or at least claims that is does the same. We can agree to disagree, just my opinion.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Just wait a little longer, as it is listed on some sites at 149, but it is now "on sale" 119.00, soon it will be 99, then 89. Its only a couple of connectors, I dont really think it needed some aero space guy to develope it.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #8
redberanclubcar
Not Yet Wild

I think it looks like a great product...I plan on getting one. It seems a lot easier than taking it to a dealer...plus you can remove it and re-install it at any time. I`d like to have a hidden on/off switch for it so it is only on when I need it , and off when the kids are using it...
redberanclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by redberanclubcar View Post
I think it looks like a great product...I plan on getting one. It seems a lot easier than taking it to a dealer...plus you can remove it and re-install it at any time. I`d like to have a hidden on/off switch for it so it is only on when I need it , and off when the kids are using it...

Just a word of caution. DO NOT flip the switch while it's powered up. Thats a sure way to fry something. Not saying it WILL but theres no sense in taking any chances.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #10
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXEROFCARTS View Post
Just wait a little longer, as it is listed on some sites at 149, but it is now "on sale" 119.00, soon it will be 99, then 89. Its only a couple of connectors, I dont really think it needed some aero space guy to develope it.
...and pretty soon golf cart mechanics might be replaced with low-payed illegals who do a decent job for less money forcing you out of business and into a new line of work.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car