lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2018, 11:06 PM   #1
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Default 1995 late year cart questions

This is my first post! so I have two questions.
#1 - I just picked up a 1995 (week 40) 48volt DS. I am replacing the micro switch in the potentiometer. (yes it has the pot-switch which I know is far inferior to the MCOR set up but this is a flip cart and I am trying to keep costs down. plus the pot looks pretty good as does the rest of the cart for the year!) ....... so. there are two spade terminals on the micro switch. One is longer than the other by a little. I cannot for the life of me remember which color wires went to which post????? I tore into the pot-switch and then it sat for awhile before I got back to it. HELP please.

#2- I have a club 2003 DS 48volt in which I had bypassed the OBC to use my smart charger. Well the smart charger is out of commission and I was wondering can I use my charger for the 1995 cart to charge the non OBC controlled cart. The old 95 cart came with a powerdrive 1 48v. charger which I know is controlled by the OBC. What happens if I hook it up to my non OBC cart and monitor it with a volt meter?

Thanks in advance guys. I only am asking here because I have been lurking in the shadows and using the forum to work on these carts. I thought it was time to get involved!
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2018, 11:53 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 late year cart questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by anziosaint View Post
This is my first post! so I have two questions.
#1 - I just picked up a 1995 (week 40) 48volt DS. I am replacing the micro switch in the potentiometer. (yes it has the pot-switch which I know is far inferior to the MCOR set up but this is a flip cart and I am trying to keep costs down. plus the pot looks pretty good as does the rest of the cart for the year!) ....... so. there are two spade terminals on the micro switch. One is longer than the other by a little. I cannot for the life of me remember which color wires went to which post????? I tore into the pot-switch and then it sat for awhile before I got back to it. HELP please. The wire coming from the key switch (blue) and then the one that runs over to your FNR (I don't remember the color) and if it only has 2 terminal points orientation doesn't matter as it either makes or breaks a circuit and in this one it makes it when you hear the click.

#2- I have a club 2003 DS 48volt in which I had bypassed the OBC to use my smart charger. Well the smart charger is out of commission and I was wondering can I use my charger for the 1995 cart to charge the non OBC controlled cart. The old 95 cart came with a powerdrive 1 48v. charger which I know is controlled by the OBC. What happens if I hook it up to my non OBC cart and monitor it with a volt meter? Yes it will work, but you will have to land your gray sense wire from the back of the plug receptacle to the pack Neg so the relay in the charger will close or you will have to open up the charger and jump the relay
As you stated, the Powerdrive will not be controlled by an OBC so you will have to monitor the voltage and shut it off between 61-63v. This is only a temporary means as the batteries are not truly charging this way and will deplete the longevity of them......
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:57 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Hello Anzio. As far as what you have being inferior to an MCOR is a matter of opinion some may dispute.

As far as the microswitches, look in the "stickies" for a diagram for your cart.

I don't know a lot about chargers so someone else will help with that.

Welcome to BGW!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:00 AM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Dang Nole. You type faster than me!
Old 08-22-2018, 12:17 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Dang Nole. You type faster than me!
I am prettier too....
Old 08-22-2018, 01:09 AM   #6
anziosaint
Gone Wild

thanks guys ! I will look up the diagrams. And I am in the process of ordering a ClubCar ERIC charge so the powerdrive will only be a temporary solution.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:37 AM   #7
anziosaint
Gone Wild

what if I wire up my OBC again on my 03 DS just so I can use the powerdrive charger a few times until I get my new "smart charger"? Will the OBC control the charger accordingly?
Old 08-22-2018, 02:01 AM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
I am prettier too....
That is also a matter of opinion.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:55 AM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by anziosaint View Post
what if I wire up my OBC again on my 03 DS just so I can use the powerdrive charger a few times until I get my new "smart charger"? Will the OBC control the charger accordingly?
Yes it will....
Old 08-22-2018, 07:07 PM   #10
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Thanks for the quick responses guys. One last question. I just did a full charge cycle on my batteries that are new from this spring. Charger shut down on its own and my dvm gave me a reading of 50.9v a few hours later. Fast forward a couple of days and the pack now reads 50.5v. The cart has not moved nor has anything been drawing from the pack. Is this reading normal?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car