lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
RestoreGuy2950
Not Yet Wild

Default Engine and clutch swap???

Ok. Here's a little pre story to my madness. Today I drove my grandmas 2003 ezgo golfcart... Just your basic golf cart off the courses. It has a 4 stroke engine in it just the typical stock engine. It was such a change from my harley cart. It was quiet, smooth, didn't smoke or stink. It was nice and I know these engines are very little maintenance.

So an idea popped in my head. I have a 1970 Harley Davidson golf cart. I love the looks of these carts but I don't love the 2stroke engine and all the maintenance that goes with them. I'm wondering if I can find a new 4 stroke engine and clutch system and put it in my harley Davison cart. I know there would probably be some tweaking to do but is it possible? Has anyone done this. How much work would it be and what would I need to do to get it done??? Thanks in advance guys!!!
RestoreGuy2950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Engine and clutch swap???

I know harleys can be nice but go find a 4 stroke cart and redo it. i don't mean to be sarcastic or mean but what you are asking to do is just not worth the time and energy even if you have the parts laying around you still have a an orphan cart and eventually the scrap yards full of these carts are going to dry up. if it runs, run it until one of those impossible parts goes then part it , in the mean time you can be building what you would like to have and still have your harley to ride all summer.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson