lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
ReidWheat50
Not Yet Wild

Default issues with Total Charge lll

I'm a real newbie to the golf cart ownership. I purchased a older model Ezgo Marathon last March. I knew the batteries were older, but it ran and charged fine all summer. Side note, this is a lake cart, not used on the course.
Flash forward to this March....did not do anything to batteries over the winter, cart was in garage, not heated. So I hook cart up to charger, leave on 10-12 hours, still no power. Battery charger doesn't make any sound, no hum, nothing.
Reset button on charger stays in the "out" position. I have come to find out this is called a circuit breaker.

So here is my question--What steps should I take to get it going again? replace circuit breaker? Charge batteries individually? Local golf repair says replace diodes first. or do all three?

Kinda stuck here. I know I can do the work, just need some additional trouble shooting help. Thanks
ReidWheat50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: issues with Total Charge lll

If you left the batteries unattended for that long, they are probably too dead to activate the charger. Use a 12v charger on pairs of batteries to get the voltage up.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

YEP, the batteries are too dead to activate the charger, so you need to get, of you don't already have one, an regular automotive battery charger, if you have or find one that will do both 6 or 12 volt, you can charge them individually or as Kab suggested, with a 12 volt charger, charge them in pairs. Once you get them charged up, your cart charger will work. FOR THE FUTURE, if you plan on stioring your cart for extended peroids of time, especially if it cold....you should either get your self a battery maintainer or ensure you take the cart out every few weeks and charge it up.

here is a link to one for reference.
http://blockbustergolfcarts.com/full...aintainer.aspx
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Your initial post indicates that the charger circuit breaker stays in the "out" position. Did you try resetting it by pushing it back in ?? You will need to do that before you try charging the pack after you bring the pack voltage up by charging individually or in pairs. If possible, let us know what the total pack voltage is and also individual battery voltages so we can see what the present battery condition is. RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Here's a link to the manual for your charger in case you need it.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...ts-service.pdf
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO