lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
kingranch
Getting Wild

Default on board solutions 48 volt charger?

i just picked up a new charger from the golf shop locally they marked all the inventory40-50% off so I got it for 150$
Not bad i thought.
Well Im new to this charger, and it charged the new batteries up to 62 volts, but i left it on all night and today it was still on but did not say charging but conditioning...Is the charger supposed to stay on longer to condition and will it shut off by itself?
Its been on for 10 hrs and the battpack is brand new so they were 75% charged to start with.
I planned on leaving it plugged in at the ranchhouse to keep the batteries full when i go back and forth but Im not sure i want to now..
any input
Attached Images
File Type: jpg charg.jpg (22.3 KB, 7 views)
kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: on board solutions 48 volt charger?

did you get a manual with it? your 48 volt charger won,t it shut off when batteries are fully charged? and than come back on when needed? i,m not sure about the e-z go 48 volters but C.C,s charger shuts off and comes back on if battery pack drops to a certain level........but one would think you would get a book with it....if not maybe you can call the Co. who makes it and ask..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
bolter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: on board solutions 48 volt charger?

It looks like your conditioning charge is a equalize/"desulfating" mode. Equalize charges take longer as the charger attempts to bring all the batteries to an equal full charge state. Here is a link to a quick fact sheet. It appears to have DIP switches to adjust the time on the conditioning charge.

http://www.flentek.net/pdf_files/72.pdf
bolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO