lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
DethKart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Lightbulb ZX6R motor swap in Yamaha

I just picked up a DC powered Yamaha. I don't know what year or model... just that it has a 10" lift and fresh paint. I took the batteries (6V Trojans) in to get them charged but the acid level is too low. To replace them it will be around $700. So I decided to forget about the DC power and go straight to a Yamaha ZX6R motor. The thing is... I have no clue how to start this project, especially converting from electric to gas. Is it worth it or should I trade this one for a gas powered cart and start from there? Also, if there are any website that deal with mods like this I would appreciate a link or 2. Thanks. (picture of my new toy below)

Any information on these types of engine conversions would be more than greatly appreciated. Thank you, everybody.
DethKart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: ZX6R motor swap in Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethKart View Post
I just picked up a DC powered Yamaha. I don't know what year or model... just that it has a 10" lift and fresh paint. I took the batteries (6V Trojans) in to get them charged but the acid level is too low. To replace them it will be around $700. So I decided to forget about the DC power and go straight to a Yamaha ZX6R motor. The thing is... I have no clue how to start this project, especially converting from electric to gas. Is it worth it or should I trade this one for a gas powered cart and start from there? Also, if there are any website that deal with mods like this I would appreciate a link or 2. Thanks. (picture of my new toy below)

Any information on these types of engine conversions would be more than greatly appreciated. Thank you, everybody.
Maybe your username should be "deathcart"! Now just my point of veiw. First you would need to "yard out" the whole swing arm assy. Then out goes the battery frame metal. That leaves with a main frame with a Swing arm (2) attachement points. Build a new "long travel" lengthened swing arm for the motor and differential to be used. Do you want reverese?, then you need a "diff" from a 4 cycle or maybe an atv, an automotive "quick change/ford 8 or 9"" won't give you reverse. Now ask yourself....Do I want to build this "and be differant from the rest" or should I sell it and get a later model gas car and then build with alot less issues? I say.......It's YOUR choice., but I'd be there for the build if you decide to do it
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
calllen9
IT COST LESS TO PAY MORE

E-Z-GO

HOLY LIFT
calllen9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
jdinville3
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

NO kidding that things is SOLID.... keep the pics coming
jdinville3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:56 AM   #5
lobo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I say build it G1s are cool
lobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorcycle conversion, sportbike swap, yamaha, zx6r
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!