lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2022, 03:39 PM   #1
Trenks
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 Club Car, Lester Summit II Charger

Hello guys, new to the forum. I have a 2017 Club Car with 2 year old batteries. My Lester Summit II charger displays a fault code “Max Time”. On the Lester app states batteries 99% charged, remaining time 1 min. Charger will not display green full charge now. It will “Max Out”. Any ideas??
Trenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2022, 04:00 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2017 Club Car, Lester Summit II Charger

Check the voltage on each battery after letting them rest for 12 hours.
Also how are the water levels in the batteries?

What brand and part# are the batteries?
What Charge profile # is set in the charger? The charge profile needs to be correct for the batteries or they will not charge correctly.
What Model# is the charger? Exact model number off the tag on the side.
How long have you had this charger? Did you purchase the charger new?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 04:59 PM   #3
Trenks
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Check the voltage on each battery after letting them rest for 12 hours.
Also how are the water levels in the batteries?

What brand and part# are the batteries?
What Charge profile # is set in the charger? The charge profile needs to be correct for the batteries or they will not charge correctly.
What Model# is the charger? Exact model number off the tag on the side.
How long have you had this charger? Did you purchase the charger new?
Thank you for the reply. It is a 48v 18a 650w Lester Summit II Battery Charger. It came with the cart. Water levels always maintained. The profile /charger worked for almost a year, no issues. The batteries look like Brute Force ?? Unfortunately I'm away from the cart to be more specific. I guess that might not be any help for anyone looking to provide assistance.
Old 12-13-2022, 01:14 AM   #4
AZShane
Not Yet Wild

I'm having the same issues with my Summit 2 charger. Just to add some detail. Batteries were 2 year old Crown CR150's. Charger was bought in July of 2021. Batteries have been watered and cleaned at least once a month for the most part. The "max charge time" fault started showing up. The batteries would only get to 99%, after a while it would fault and stop charging. One evening I went out to do something in the garage and walked by the cart. I could feel heat coming through the seat. I disconnected the charger and let it sit for a few hours. Took it for a drive and everything seemed fine. Fast foward a couple weeks and I could tell the range on the batts was reduced. I took my batts in to the place I bought them for testing and they said the batts were just gone and had no capacity, they could also tell the batts had gotten pretty hot. I bought new Crown CR165's and have tried to charge them twice. Once the charge showed charge complete with max charge time fault. Tonight I tried to charge the pack again but kept a close eye on the charger and bluetooth dashboard. This is what I found after several hours of charging. The pack shows its at 99%. The charger will show there is 15 minutes remaining to be completely charged. Once that 15 minutes is up it starts a new timer and just keeps trying to charge. After watching this happen 3 times I decided to disconnect and call the MFG tomorrow. I took screen shots with time stamps to show the count down and then the restart. Who knows this might be normal but I dont think so.
AZShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 10:00 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Certainly not normal.
Here again, what's the model # for the charger, and what battery charge profile do you have it set to?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 10:35 AM   #6
Trenks
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZShane View Post
I'm having the same issues with my Summit 2 charger. Just to add some detail. Batteries were 2 year old Crown CR150's. Charger was bought in July of 2021. Batteries have been watered and cleaned at least once a month for the most part. The "max charge time" fault started showing up. The batteries would only get to 99%, after a while it would fault and stop charging. One evening I went out to do something in the garage and walked by the cart. I could feel heat coming through the seat. I disconnected the charger and let it sit for a few hours. Took it for a drive and everything seemed fine. Fast foward a couple weeks and I could tell the range on the batts was reduced. I took my batts in to the place I bought them for testing and they said the batts were just gone and had no capacity, they could also tell the batts had gotten pretty hot. I bought new Crown CR165's and have tried to charge them twice. Once the charge showed charge complete with max charge time fault. Tonight I tried to charge the pack again but kept a close eye on the charger and bluetooth dashboard. This is what I found after several hours of charging. The pack shows its at 99%. The charger will show there is 15 minutes remaining to be completely charged. Once that 15 minutes is up it starts a new timer and just keeps trying to charge. After watching this happen 3 times I decided to disconnect and call the MFG tomorrow. I took screen shots with time stamps to show the count down and then the restart. Who knows this might be normal but I dont think so.
Interesting. This almost describes my situation perfectly. I can also feel the heat when lifting the seat up. So far my batteries appear to be good. Did you fool with any settings on the app ?? Email, brand of battery, anything at all ??
Old 12-13-2022, 12:04 PM   #7
AZShane
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenks View Post
Interesting. This almost describes my situation perfectly. I can also feel the heat when lifting the seat up. So far my batteries appear to be good. Did you fool with any settings on the app ?? Email, brand of battery, anything at all ??
I did not mess with the app or the charger. They told me it was plug and play. I just got off the phone with Lester support. The engineer had me go through several diagnostic settings on the app as well as the history function. He says everything checks out and with new batteries it might take a few charges to balance. He said let it do a full charge and if the max charge time fault happens again we will change the battery profile. We did not get into why the previous batteries went bad but I would imagine we could use the history function to just about pin point why they failed.
Old 12-13-2022, 12:08 PM   #8
AZShane
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Certainly not normal.
Here again, what's the model # for the charger, and what battery charge profile do you have it set to?
Model number 30600
Battery Profile 22251
System Profile 21142
Old 12-13-2022, 12:13 PM   #9
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

I had a very similar situation with a Lester Summit II 650 watt set to Crown agm
profile...(my battery pack 6 x 8 220 ah) ...the Lester Summit II 650 kept repeating
a phase 2 charging level at 67-68v and never completing the charging cycle. This
would continue on overnight...had to unplug charger. My battery pack driving range
decreased to zero....Lester Summit II 2 650 had fried my agms.....Fortunately
my dealer backed me up...

No more Lester Summit IIs in my house!!!

Currently using :

Made in the USA field serviceable.

My current battery pack has been maintained by an Eagle Pro I4818 previous
model to link below...and charged nightly.

My current battery pack has well over 7500 miles driven!!
Highly recommend

https://www.dualpro.com/golf-segment

Best wishes
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 05:15 PM   #10
AZShane
Not Yet Wild

Update - I got home and the the charger is stating "charge complete" so hopefully I'm all set.
I will say that I've had to limp home more than a couple times due to various reasons. I think that may have been what shortened the life of my pack. The cart is just used to run around the neighborhood, grab some groceries and stop at the local bars and restaurants. Always on asphalt and we live in Buckeye, Az so only a few hills in the neighborhood.
Trenks - hopefully you get your pack/charger issue straightened out at little to no cost but my bet is your batts are gone or going unfortunately. Message me if needed and we can compare history from the Connect app to give you some more insight. Or better yet call Lester support as the history function seems to be a great diags tool.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car