lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2022, 12:48 PM   #1
garyoquinn
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 ds electric no power

I rode my cart last evening and everything was fine, pulled in put it on charge and next morning I got on it and nothing happened, nothing happens when you press the gas pedal, you can here the switch at the pedal click but nothing happens, if you switch from forward to reverse nothing happens, even the backup buzzer does not sound, i cleaned all batter post and cables still nothing, I plugged the battery charger and it started charging the batteries, will charge but nothing from the batteries to the cart works!!

Any ideas and help to figure this out would be appreciated
garyoquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2022, 12:52 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 ds electric no power

There should be a fuse near the tow/run switch. Check to make sure it’s not blown. Also maybe try flipping the tow/run switch a couple times. Might be the switch itself acting up
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 04:17 PM   #3
garyoquinn
Not Yet Wild

i have checked all the fuses i have found, all good looks like, will the reverse buzzer sound if the key is in off position??
Old 12-03-2022, 04:26 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yes. Reverse buzzer works with the key off. The only time I can think of off the top of my head the reverse buzzer doesn’t work is if the run/tow is in the tow position, the fuse under the run/tow switch is blown, the FNR switch has failed, or a catastrophic failure of the controller. I would suspect the controller failure least likely scenario.

Make sure you’re checking the correct fuse. It should be in a black fuse holder IIRC, near the run/tow switch. It’s not the one in the yellow rubber thing by the charging port.

I’d start by verifying you have the 48v going in and out of the run/tow switch if everything else looks good.
Old 12-12-2022, 12:56 PM   #5
garyoquinn
Not Yet Wild

i looked, there is no fuse under my tow-run switch, the only fuse i see is in the yellow case!!!
Old 12-12-2022, 01:48 PM   #6
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Maybe a stupid question but I ill ask it anyway...cart has been unplugged from the charger ?
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 05:23 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Do you show 48v at the run/tow switch?
Old 12-12-2022, 11:51 PM   #8
garyoquinn
Not Yet Wild

yes it was unplugged from the charger, i took the back cover off and looked into the motor compartment, wiggled some wires, moved a couple connections and low and behold it started running again!!!! prob a lose connection in there somewhere, thanks for the input
Old 12-12-2022, 11:52 PM   #9
garyoquinn
Not Yet Wild

i should have just took a hammer and hit it real hard, prob would have fixed it like it fixes everything, my guess is the f-r switch is needing replaced
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car