lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2022, 02:37 PM   #1
Rayferd
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Yamaha Drive Controller issues

Hey yall.

I have a Yamaha drive with the moric controller. It came in with a bad controller. After replacing it the cart still isn't running, but does show some signs of life now, as the solenoid is cycling, and the speed sensor is functioning.

I suspect that the new controller is faulty also, even though I know that is rare. Has anone else experienced this?

What leads me to believe that is on the blue, and black wires to the throttle position sensor I am not getting a resting voltage, or an accelerator pressed voltage. I also checked any combination of the 3 wires and still no voltage. Continuity checks from the controller plug to the sensor all check good.

I also swapped the solenoid with a known good one for good measure.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!
Rayferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2022, 04:49 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha Drive Controller issues

This is the test procedure for the TPS:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot at 2021-10-31 13-28-36.jpg (116.4 KB, 0 views)
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:10 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Drive Controller issues

I have two drives and the Moric controller fails early and often. I have Alltrax controllers in both now and they are great - and you can connect them to a laptop to diagnose issues and tune the performance. I would send it back and get an Alltrax.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha