lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2022, 11:23 AM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZGO Click and a hum, no movement

This cart doesn’t have a forward and reverse micro, just a run and reverse. Run activates in both positions and the reverse only in reverse. Pretty sure the passenger side switch is reverse so if you unplug that one and the cart runs in reverse either the controller is shot or the F1 and F2 wires on top of the controller are reversed. If you want forward just swap those two wires until you get another controller. Also with that switch removed check pin 4/orange wire for pack voltage. If it there you have another wiring issue.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2022, 04:18 PM   #12
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

Ok, great info! I will check when i get home tonight and update you! Thank you.

I thought this was a controller issue so i sent the controller in and had it warranted and got it back and no change is result.
Psellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 03:31 PM   #13
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

I haven't had an opportunity to trouble shoot more yet but I plan on doing it tonight but I wanted to add a little more context because I was thinking about it.

I thought I had a bad controller also I sent my control in to FSIP and got a reman one. I then got it back and during my trouble shooting rotated the plug to the tow reverse switch 90 degrees and let the factory smoke out of the control, I again sent my control back to them again and got another remanded one

. I have reverse when I press the throttle and when I switch to forwards I have a slight hum from the motor but nothing else. Ive switch f1 and f2. when I do that I still only get reverse but I get reverse when I've elected forwards if that makes since. If all wiring is correct and I select forwards and un plug the forwards switch and then jump the switch between the two wires going to the switch I get the same result, just a slight hum from the motor with no forwards.
Old 12-06-2022, 10:39 PM   #14
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
This cart doesn’t have a forward and reverse micro, just a run and reverse. Run activates in both positions and the reverse only in reverse. Pretty sure the passenger side switch is reverse so if you unplug that one and the cart runs in reverse either the controller is shot or the F1 and F2 wires on top of the controller are reversed. If you want forward just swap those two wires until you get another controller. Also with that switch removed check pin 4/orange wire for pack voltage. If it there you have another wiring issue.
Ok so i will be most specific now that i have the cart infront of me and can confirm.

With f2 on controller going to s1 on motor and f1 on controller going to s2 on motor and with knob turned to forward I have full reverse and when i switch it to reverse i just have a slight hum.
If i disconnnect the f/r switch on passnager side i have full reverse if you move the selector in forward and reverse. But if i plug that micro switch back in i only have reverse while forward is selected and nothing but a hum when reverse is selected.

If i have f1 going to s1 and f2 going s2 i have no movement just a hum in both directions

I confirmed pin 4 like you mentioned is what it should be. I also went through every other pin and made sure it is what the manual should be.

One thing i did find odd. Pack voltage was 38.6ish but when checking the controller for pack voltage i was getting 41.5 ishhhh. Might be nothing but thought it was worth mentioning.

I’m back at a stuck point again. Any help would be huge!
Old 12-07-2022, 07:58 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That controller defaults to forward when activated unless there is voltage on pin 4. If voltage there it goes to reverse. Not sure how but it sounds like your motor is bad. Normally if they spin in one direction they will spin in the other.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:46 AM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If it works one direction and not the other (Sepex) the controller is probably not putting out the reversed field current. That is a controller problem. Sepex carts reverse direction by reversing the polarity of the Field Current.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:34 AM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Volt that was tried I believe. They swapped the field wires and it would only spin backwards.
Old 12-07-2022, 10:06 AM   #18
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default mode of the controller is forward. If you unplug the microswitch on the passenger side of the cart, then the controller should be in forward mode regardless of the position of the F/R handle. With the reverse switch unplugged, and F1 to S1 and F2 to S2, it should run forward with pedal activation. If it will only run forward in one position of the handle ( with reverse switch unplugged) then you have a problem with the OTHER drivers side micro. It is only activating the controller in one of the 2 positions. Checking this should be done with the passenger side micro unplugged and properly wired fields. From what I am reading, whenever everythig is wired as it should be, when you are switching to reverse and activating reverse mode in the controller, you are at the same time losing controller activation from the driver side micro.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 10:28 AM   #19
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The driver side micro should supply voltage to the controller to activate in either forward or reverse, but it is also functionally important that it breaks voltage during the switch. The controller has to disengage forward before switching into reverse mode. If you have a bad switch on the drivers side, you cannot just jumper that plug and supply power all the time. It HAS to briefly lose power in the switching motion to allow the reverse mode to activate, but equally as important supply power in both positions.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 11:28 AM   #20
Psellers
Not Yet Wild

ok, two things then. no mater what I've done to this point I haven't gotten the motor to spin forwards when I swap the the f wires around. I haven't messed with the driver side switch much.

1. I've jumped the motor in the past to confirm it turns with 12v I don't remember if I checked if it spun in both direction. would you mind reminding me how to jump the motor with 12v to check both directions.

2. So maybe the driver side switch is not breaking when it should... what if when I go into neutral I disconnect that switch and plug it back in to simulate it breaking? Would you just recommend replacing both those switches?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO