lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2022, 06:25 PM   #1
G16Steve
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha upgraded F&R switch

Hello all,
I have a 2001 Yamaha g16e and I did the Alltrax 600A controller upgrade now running 48V. I was working on replacing my 8ga cables with 2ga cables and one of the terminals on my stock F/R switch stripped. I am going to need to replace it I do know that but I am having trouble finding a new upgraded f/r switch for a Yamaha. The stock one has smaller 8ga terminals so my new 2ga ends don't fit well on there anyways. Can any one please suggest a new switch or option for me.
G16Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2022, 11:00 PM   #2
G16Steve
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha upgraded F&R switch

The answer for this is the SW202 reversing contactor. If anyone is interested in this and has questions let me know.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:04 AM   #3
Half Vast
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by G16Steve View Post
The answer for this is the SW202 reversing contactor. If anyone is interested in this and has questions let me know.
Thanks Steve.

Can you provide some more detail please? I'll be doing the wiring upgrade soon and want to be prepared.
Half Vast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 08:43 AM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/rever...ontactors.html
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 08:45 AM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Vast View Post
Thanks Steve.

Can you provide some more detail please? I'll be doing the wiring upgrade soon and want to be prepared.
Look at this for a start.
https://www.cartsunlimited.net/rever...ontactors.html
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 10:02 AM   #6
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

are these contactors basically the same setup I have in my yamaha g1s? If so I may have an extra set already (I am also about to upgrade the wiring in my g8 as im installing a n sr72500 controller)

EDIT nevermind I forgot about the coil voltage being 12v.. For those that dont know the G1 gas carts used the same type of reversing solenoids to reverse the starter generator as the 2 cycle engine in the g1 runs backwards in reverse.
sorry, back on topic..
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 10:14 AM   #7
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 01:57 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The SW202 reversing contactor kit is the only known solid solution for the upgraded series Yamaha F&R. This unit can handle a constant 400 amps (double what your cart can draw) and it can handle a 1000 amp peak. Our kit includes a custom mount bracket, hardwase, diodes, switch and housing, plus instruction, diagrams, and email support.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 05:07 PM   #9
G16Steve
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yes I certainly can, Sorry for the delay we had bad weather here last few weeks to have not gotten much done but I just literally finished my wiring today and took it for it’s first ride under it’s own power in months and holy hell talk about a different beast!! Let me know specifically what info would help I can make a YouTube video whatever you need
Old 12-30-2022, 07:41 PM   #10
G16Steve
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Here are the parts I ordered to do my swap. Hope this helps

F/r switch

Forward Reverse Rocker Switch Fits EZGO TXT PDS Electric 2003-Up Golf Carts OEM#74323-G01 https://a.co/d/ggda2JB

F/R contractor

Notonmek SW202 48V 400A Style Reversing Contactor Heavy Duty For Albright Electric https://a.co/d/cFh2cj3

Solenoid

Disenparts MZJ-400A Contactor Solenoid Universal 48V 400A Compatible With Heavy Duty Golf Cart https://a.co/d/8P0d2U7

Diodes

BOJACK SR560 (SB560) Schottky Barrier Rectifier Diodes 5A 60V DO-201AD 5 Amp 60 Volt Axial Diodes(Pack of 30 Pcs) https://a.co/d/eZBgDit

Tags
forward, reverse, switch, upgrade, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha