lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2020, 12:17 AM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for a GPS roof mount like this

When those fleet carts are sold to club members, they remove the GPS head and leave the bracket and harness on the cart. You might want to contact PingEye3 and ask him to post some photos of the ones from a batch of fairly new RXVs that were recently sold off.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2020, 06:39 PM   #12
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
When those fleet carts are sold to club members, they remove the GPS head and leave the bracket and harness on the cart. You might want to contact PingEye3 and ask him to post some photos of the ones from a batch of fairly new RXVs that were recently sold off.
thanks Bob will do

I'm just looking for the bracket and harness
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:19 PM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgolfer View Post
thanks Bob will do

I'm just looking for the bracket and harness
He sent the harness to me because I want to use it to connect the GPS units to compatible controllers for testing functionality. It requires a compatible controller (one that supports comms with the controllers GPS port) to use the GPS.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:56 PM   #14
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
He sent the harness to me because I want to use it to connect the GPS units to compatible controllers for testing functionality. It requires a compatible controller (one that supports comms with the controllers GPS port) to use the GPS.
I’m not going to hook up a gps or at least that type. I’m going to use it for the mount to mount an iPad. Personally just like the looks of the roof mount with the storage beside it. Will work well with my iPad mounted there for music and gos app.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:39 PM   #15
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

I have one of these in my club car precedent. It was installed on my cart by my golf course. Its required to monitor play and is a perk included with my trail fee. Are you sure the GPS mounts onto this bracket? Looking at mine it appears to be one piece?

I am sure you could get one for an Ezgo from the GPS company. If you don't know the name I can check for you tomorrow in my garage.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:46 PM   #16
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
I have one of these in my club car precedent. It was installed on my cart by my golf course. Its required to monitor play and is a perk included with my trail fee. Are you sure the GPS mounts onto this bracket? Looking at mine it appears to be one piece?

I am sure you could get one for an Ezgo from the GPS company. If you don't know the name I can check for you tomorrow in my garage.
I’m not positive that it is separate but I think I have seen it both ways. One that is all one piece and one that the screen is mounted on it.
Yes please. If you can find out. Any info would be appreciated. I was hoping to find a used one off a fleet cart.
The ones I have seen are similar to this which are a separate screen mounted on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C08EC8C5-919D-4D8B-AD5F-9E73F10C53EC.jpg (93.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-26-2020, 01:34 PM   #17
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Finally got a picture of one on ezgo. This is a picture of the back of the mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2020, 10:18 PM   #18
imasleeper
Not Yet Wild

Is this what you had in mind? You will need to cut off the “foot” of the one mount to use it. Either mount can be attached to the canopy frame by drilling a couple of holes and using self tapping screws.

6CF1873E-C80F-4564-A1D1-C6819CA095F8.jpg

5F29179D-1BB8-4079-9135-8964D7228C9C.jpg

DD715161-22AE-4A3A-9886-F4D0CF59A3A1.jpg

www.tethertools.com sells ipad cases as well as the mounts.
www.thejoyfactory.com sells some very high quality mounts that can be attached through the canopy. See link below.

https://www.thejoyfactory.com/collec...hst=collection
imasleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 09:22 PM   #19
imasleeper
Not Yet Wild

Bump
imasleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 11:31 AM   #20
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Still looking for a mount this is the newer version on the textron gps units. I just need the mount not the GPS unit. If anyone comes across one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mount.jpg (118.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO