lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2017, 05:00 PM   #21
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Locate the fuse "bolted" to the back of the charger receptacle. You'll see the black wire comes from the receptacle and loops up to the fuse, the other side of the fuse has a black wire on it that runs to the OBC.

Run a 10 gauge jumper wire from the OBC side of the fuse to the MAIN negative battery post and plug the charger in and wait for it to turn on. If the charger shows amperage the OBC is bad.

When doing this should I disconnect it from the obc or just adding the jumper be ok
shaffer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2017, 05:09 PM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Just add the jumper
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:15 PM   #23
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Quote:
Just add the jumper

So crazy thing. It sat here for 2 hours running at less than the 1 amp mark. I Go spot spray the course make the post and come back and now it's charging at 8 amps. my worst battery is bubbling and looks to be charging Appropriately. It's just a head scratcher
Old 04-13-2017, 05:17 PM   #24
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Still try and put the jumper wire in place and see if the ammeter rises. It may be partially restricted within the OBC.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:35 PM   #25
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Quote:
Still try and put the jumper wire in place and see if the ammeter rises. It may be partially restricted within the OBC.

Okay will do I have to head to work the funeral in the am so it may be a few days but I should get back with you early next week, you're a big help
Old 04-13-2017, 05:42 PM   #26
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffer88 View Post
Okay will do I have to head to work the funeral in the am so it may be a few days but I should get back with you early next week, you're a big help
Old 04-15-2017, 04:50 PM   #27
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Well the batteries in are shot it's charged for two straight days and finally kicked off I let it set overnight. And one of the batteries have a total charge of .236 volts. And of the other set of batteries only one has charge of 7 V all the others are three or 4 V. So I'm going to wait until they get me a new set of batteries to put in it. I'll keep you updated thank you Tahoe
Old 04-16-2017, 10:21 PM   #28
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffer88 View Post
Well the batteries in are shot it's charged for two straight days and finally kicked off I let it set overnight. And one of the batteries have a total charge of .236 volts. And of the other set of batteries only one has charge of 7 V all the others are three or 4 V. So I'm going to wait until they get me a new set of batteries to put in it. I'll keep you updated thank you Tahoe
Old 04-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #29
webhair
Not Yet Wild

Question - I have an 99 DS Club Car, should the batteries bubble or boil when charging... The lowest mine ever get down to is around 3-4 amps (on the charger) The charger never shuts off. I am wondering if I have a bad OBC or a problem with the charger.

When I plug it in I have the delay (2-4 seconds I think) then it kicks on the charger - starts at 15 amps or so... Each of the batteries is reading 8.46v. They are brand new this week....

So should the batteries bubble and at some point the charger shuts off?
webhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #30
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhair View Post
Question - I have an 99 DS Club Car, should the batteries bubble or boil when charging... The lowest mine ever get down to is around 3-4 amps (on the charger) The charger never shuts off. I am wondering if I have a bad OBC or a problem with the charger.

When I plug it in I have the delay (2-4 seconds I think) then it kicks on the charger - starts at 15 amps or so... Each of the batteries is reading 8.46v. They are brand new this week....

So should the batteries bubble and at some point the charger shuts off?
Does your charger cycle when you plug it in? It should turn on within 2-10 seconds of plug insertion, run for a few seconds, and cycle off and back on. This is normal, we need to make sure this happens. Also, you need to take a voltage reading on your battery pack once the charger reaches 5 amps or below. If the voltage of the batteries never reaches 58.3 volts while on charge, the batteries are the issue. The OBC does not trigger the charger to turn off until it detects 58.3V.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car