lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
Bodave2
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ-GO 36v medalist series cart speed/torque issue

Hi guys, i recently got my father a cart off of craigslist for Christmas and after a week or two of running slow, I have had trouble getting her to run properly. Soon after I bought it it stopped working. I first replaced the solenoid, nothing. Then I installed a alltrax 400amp speed controller, nothing. I finally had one of my friends come out with a multimeter and we found there was no voltage going to the small positive terminal at the solenoid and no clicking sound. The LED on the speed control was not lighting up too. We pulled out the ignition and there was no voltage there also. So we rigged up our own wiring from the battery to the ignition and now it works. Every time i press the gas the controller lights up and turns off when i release the gas. Is that correct? Also i had to replace the steering rack and gears and that was a bitch but now i have no play in the wheel. So now after all this work, the cart still has very little torque going up hill i had hoped the bigger controller i got would make it have more pep but its slow. Am i expecting too much from her? The golf course my dad lives on has alot of hills and i want to get this sucker better for Christmas, please help.
Bodave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZ-GO 36v medalist series cart speed/torque issue

Did you check the throttle for proper 0-5k ohm operation? Do you know what settings are set in the controller? Does the green light turn orange at full throttle (indicating 100% throttle)?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #3
Bodave2
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ-GO 36v medalist series cart speed/torque issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Did you check the throttle for proper 0-5k ohm operation? Do you know what settings are set in the controller? Does the green light turn orange at full throttle (indicating 100% throttle)?
How would I check throttle ? I could not get to the switch from underneath. I will check to see if i get orange light but i have only seen green solid light. Ill jack up the back and floor it and post results.

Update: controller light is orange when pedal is on the floor. Controller is the non-programmable ITS 4844 new out of the box. I have the factory solenoid still does that matter?
Bodave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO