Restoration Early 70's and older restoration projects

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2022, 12:35 PM   #9
colu41
Getting Wild

Default Re: 89 Columbia Restoration; Sentimental Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
Pulled the wheels off to rust reform / inspect the front end and got to take a better look at the hillbilly tie rod ends.

For any future readers who like to "backyard engineer" things. I 100% understand that sometimes you have to do what you have to do get stuff done. If you have to resort to things like making tie rod ends out of a bolt, a bunch of washers, and a hose clamp, though, then you are not only jeopardizing the safety of whoever is on your cart but whoever else might get hurt when this "part" fails and the cart can't be steered when at speed.

Fortunately, new tie rod ends are still available for this cart and will be ordered.
I'm thinking of replacing mine on my 89 also. Cant seem to find them for less that $38 a piece!
colu41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Restoration