Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2022, 11:27 AM   #1
Silver2000Limited
Not Yet Wild

Default Couple of EZGO Marathon 2 stroke carts

Hello all, I recently impulsively bought 2 EZGO marathons, from 2 different buyers. I was told both are 1989s but can't be sure. I bought these with the intentions of fixing and flipping for a few bucks profit but admittedly should've paid less for the green cart. I will provide full transparency here.

The green cart is a 3PG cart. I purchased non running for $2k because it looked neat (and because I'm a moron). I went through a lot of the wiring, cleaned up connections, added grounds, etc. I got the cart running and driving decently. It still needs brake work, and an intake accordion bellow to run to the air box. Tires all have great tread but front right seems to lose air. Would be fine with some TireJect (this stuff works great). Previous owner painted it John Deere green and recovered the seats. Looks like it has a 4" lift and 22" mud tires.

The white cart is a 2PG cart. I bought non running and it had a blown HG and worn piston. I did a fresh piston and rings and ball honed the jug. New crankshaft seals too. I bypassed the oil injection at the same time. This cart seems to run really well to me. Brakes work great, tires are good. Has a radio, headlights, and tail lights. All in all it has good bones. If it needed anything it would be the governor cable hooked back up, and choke cable. (both were disconnected when I purchased). I paid $1k for this one.

Here are some pics. If there's any interest please comment here or PM me and I will try to check those. I know, wrong season to sell carts! Lesson learned.

Silver2000Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2022, 12:34 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Couple of EZGO Marathon 2 stroke carts

Unless you’re in a crunch and need the $ I’d keep them over the winter and finish the few small things. They’ll be worth a whole lot more in March/April for 2 reasons. First, spring. Cart season starts. Second, tax refund season. People have a bunch of $ burning a hole in their pocket.

Just my .02

Nice looking carts though. If you can find a good deal on a back seat those always help with a sale and add some $ as well
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 02:46 PM   #3
Silver2000Limited
Not Yet Wild

Pending sale on white cart.
Old 12-07-2022, 04:26 PM   #4
Silver2000Limited
Not Yet Wild

White cart sold! Green one may just need to be held onto for a 420 swap over the season.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts