lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #1
thbarrons
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default bedliner on bumper and cheap sport windshield

Just finished my first cart mod and thought I'd share a couple ideas I tried that I think turned out pretty good. It's a Yamaha G29.

I have a buddy who does Rhino spray on bed-liners for a living so I took him the bumpers and rocker panels. They turned out awesome. This should be an affordable thing for any bedliner guy. It doesn't use much material and they can just take them in the booth while doing somebody elses truck. Anyone using their cart as ORV might like this tip as you can take a lot of brush whipping on these parts. If you try it, at least on the G29 be sure to tape the tabs that push into the frame, I ended up scraping bedliner off to make them fit back in.

Other (cheapo) thing I did was cut my windshield. Like it as a bit of a brush-gaurd and who really needs a canopy on an ORV anyhow. I see there are "sport windshields" for sale for $250ish. But this looks pretty good as is. Makes it fit in the covered trailer and the garage now that the lift added is. Found end caps, for the posts after I cut them, black square ones, at Ace Hardware for like 75 cents a piece.

And in case you want to know... the color, is a burnt orange metallic, wife's choice. Used a Ford paint called "Orange Crush" that wasn't cheap, but like I said, wife's choice. And the lift is a Jakes long travel. Love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3018.jpg (135.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3021.jpg (254.6 KB, 0 views)
thbarrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2015, 07:56 PM   #2
jwalsh965
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: bedliner on bumper and cheap sport windshield

Great idea with the bed liner, just wondering how do you find the ride with the long travel suspension. I have a 2015 Yamaha g29 with a long travel but the ride is hard to say the least, it is also a jakes. I don't have any tension on the springs at all, and I am open to any suggestions on setting up the suspension.
Oh the color is not that bad, my wife wanted me to paint mine that color, she loves burnt orange, now she has here own cart to do what she like's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIN_20150715_205052.jpg (192.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg WIN_20150715_205130.jpg (230.5 KB, 0 views)
jwalsh965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:43 PM   #3
kclaiborne
Not Yet Wild

Tnbarrons and twalsh965, love both colors! I'm partial to blue as my 02 Vette Z06 was Electron Blue and if I paint Harley or cart lean toward that, but I really like the Burnt Orange on cart! My 2014 gas Drive is in garage with rear body off. 12" SS black tremor wheels with Sahara Classic 22" tires arrived today, waiting on lift kit to arrive Wednesday. Now that I have it apart thinking about too many $$$ options... May pull secondary clutch and Sean to Plowmans and buy $200 kit to make this beast GO! What's another $200? Lol have Madjax rear flip seat coming. Will install news F1 steering wheel. Son wants Jakes BLACK brush guard. Mine is factory custom color Moonstone (metallic silver),but now that I see how easy body is to remove may paint in near future. Will post some pics when I hit-r-done in a few days.
kclaiborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:50 AM   #4
thbarrons
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh965 View Post
Great idea with the bed liner, just wondering how do you find the ride with the long travel suspension. I have a 2015 Yamaha g29 with a long travel but the ride is hard to say the least, it is also a jakes. I don't have any tension on the springs at all, and I am open to any suggestions on setting up the suspension.
How's your tire pressure? When I bought my tires they came inflated to the max rating on the sidewall, 35psi I think. I see lots of threads on here about guys running half that or less. I also learned this lesson in my F250. Tires rated for 85. Got it from the dealership inflated to that. It rode like I was driving with brick wheels. The sticker in the door said 65, lowered it to that and big difference. Lesson learned, tire manufacture ratings and the vehicles needs are not necessarily same thing. I'm currently running my cart at 18psi and it is way better than the 35. I've seen guys on here talk about less than that. I still might try lower, not sure I've discovered the sweet spot yet. I also think new rear shocks will help. That's an upgrade I plan to make. They seem lacking now with the front beefed up.

I noticed from your picture your shocks are on different direction than in mine. Did you do that install yourself? Paper instructions with the kit showed them the way you put them on. I couldn't get mine on that way for clearance reasons. The online video from Jakes showed them the way I put them on.

Think we should move this part of the discussion now over to lifted carts category?
thbarrons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bedliner, cut, rhino, windshield
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint