lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
MJBakken
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Battery Issue (2003)

Okay, so my golf cart is slow. Noticeably slow, slower than other Club Cars of the same design that I see riding around my town. I refilled the batteries with distilled water, keep it charged, and don't run it down to its death. I know golf carts are notorious for going slow up hills, but after a mile or two it feels like it's going to literally stop, and I have yet to see another golf cart in the same situation. Before sending it to where it was purchased, I'll ask here.
Does this look like it could be a factor in the problem?

Notice the (melting?) wiring, yeah that doesn't look normal. Here's a picture of the rest of the batteries unlike the previous

Any information would be helpful.
MJBakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Battery Issue (2003)

welcome to BGW......well its a 36 volt resistor cart with mismatched batteries with what look like a few pretty dirty cable connections...........that could be the problem in a nutshell.......BUT start by testing and load testing batteries ( thats a must ) and get those connections clean and maybe a new set of cables...............i,m willing to bet your gonna find the batteries marginal and with the condition of cables and connections there ya go......keep in mind under the best conditions its a 36 volty resistor cart and its gonna be slower than most 48 volt carts and more so up hill..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
MJBakken
Not Yet Wild

Does the fact that they're mismatched have anything to do with the speed? And where would I get new cables/for how much?
Oh, also how do I test the batteries? Yes, this post is pretty much a game of 20Q, but you're helping me incredibly.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

whats more inportant is what voltage they are holding and how far they drop under a load its looks like there are 2 trojens in there (the best you can buy) but i don,t know what the 4 black ones are and yes it could make a difference ( could ) ..........sponsers here sell cables and price depends on quaility......keep in mind its an electric cart that runs off of 6 batteries and a bunch of cables thats no place to be skinny.........you wouldn,t put watered down gas in your car would you.....please don,t take offense none is meant i,m just trying to steer you right.............to test the batteries you need a digital voltage meter and some basic knowledge to use it..............ok so far?................................
Old 10-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
MJBakken
Not Yet Wild

Ha, yes we're good so far. Thank you for your time and information; I'm going to get the cables a.s.a.p. as that's what seems to be the issue with the least room for trouble (versus testing the batteries); I might get a professional with a voltage meter to test the batteries for me..
Old 10-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBakken View Post
Ha, yes we're good so far. Thank you for your time and information; I'm going to get the cables a.s.a.p. as that's what seems to be the issue with the least room for trouble (versus testing the batteries); I might get a professional with a voltage meter to test the batteries for me..
Just pick up a DMM at your local store and it's really easy to use and test the voltage yourself.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:

i decent meter will run you about 20 bucks and with the help from this place you,ll learn how to use it and save yourself enough to make it worth it............................
Old 10-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #8
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Does the fact that they're mismatched have anything to do with the speed? And where would I get new cables/for how much?
Oh, also how do I test the batteries? Yes, this post is pretty much a game of 20Q, but you're helping me incredibly.
Not so sure of the mismatching, a web search shows PACER as being made by Trojan with the same A/H rating as the T605's.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car