lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2008, 10:22 PM   #11
1986g3a
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Starting problem

Think about this, the company i work for charges $150 for new starter. Takes me a total of 30 minutes to do the hammer test, find out the starter is the problem, and install new starter. To perform a house call the company I work for charges $150 an hour and sometimes more than that depending on how far away from the shop it is. 1/2 hour labor+ $150 for new starter= $225 and you have a brand new starter. When I take your old starter out, open it up, and reinstall, your looking at an hour and a half labor not including any parts I may have to use plus you have an old starter still. I'd rather have the new starter for the same price it is going to cost me to have my old one checked out and fixed.

On my original post I was simpling giving the guy an easy way to check his starter, you are assuming that the guy has the know how to perform voltage tests and to open up a starter. In myt situation the customer opts to get the new starter every time.
1986g3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2008, 07:20 AM   #12
ninjadogger
Not Yet Wild

Hey People!!! Yell at each other on your own time!

I still have a problem here. Someone please tell me what the gas pedal activates when it is pressed down to start the engine. My battery, starter and solinoid are all tested ok. I need this information so I can find and fix my problem.
ninjadogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #13
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjadogger View Post
Hey People!!! Yell at each other on your own time!

I still have a problem here. Someone please tell me what the gas pedal activates when it is pressed down to start the engine. My battery, starter and solinoid are all tested ok. I need this information so I can find and fix my problem.
Check the switch under the gas pedal.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:42 AM   #14
RedNeck Rhino
Getting Wild

I'm with the "Hack" on this one. Old mechanics have been beatin on starters since the Model "T". So it isn't exactly a new approach to getting a starter to turn over. You can check it with a meter to see if the voltage is getting to the starter. If it's gettin voltage and not turnin over feel free to "whoop the hair off of it". It usually doesn't take but a couple of good licks to get it goin anyway.
We're not beatin the head off the engine here, It's just a starter. And if it's shot anyway, what's it gonna hurt?
RedNeck Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:52 AM   #15
RedNeck Rhino
Getting Wild

Sorry, I didn't see there was a page two On this thread, so I didn't read the last three posts before I posted. I think Ron answered your question correctly.
RedNeck Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #16
Santa
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

it kinda makes sense to replace the starter, but if i were you i would first look on ebay for a used one for cheep and replace it your self, i think its much better learning how to do things on your own than to pay someone $150 an hour! for something any mechanically enchained person could do, as for the Rich jerks, you can charge them $200!
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:23 PM   #17
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

This has worked on numerous occasions. Dont be scared to hit with some force, little baby taps will not do the trick.[/QUOTE]

ya this is just what i would do beat your starter all to hell beat it hard so you break the magnets inside then after you do that come to find out it wasn't the starter then you can charge them with 2 parts+labor sounds like a dumb move to me i can see giving it a few taps but beat the heck out of it nope
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #18
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

This is what I use

LOL!!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #19
1986g3a
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

ya this is just what i would do beat your starter all to hell beat it hard so you break the magnets inside then after you do that come to find out it wasn't the starter then you can charge them with 2 parts+labor sounds like a dumb move to me i can see giving it a few taps but beat the heck out of it nope[/QUOTE]

Someone likes to take things to the extreme. No one said to beat your starter all to hell.

To comment on what santa said about the $150 an hour: The peoples carts that I go service are all rich and buy theese carts to drive from there beach house to the beach and none of them have the first clue about golf carts. I would say that I go to at least 10 calls a week to carts that are not holding a charge very well and when I get there and tell them their batteries are bone dry and have no water they say "the batteries need water". Or they will say "my charger is not working" when the cart has been sitting for 9 months and the batteries are dead because this is their summer house and they havent been there to use it. Theese people will spend $20,000 on a tricked out cart and not know one single thing about it. Thats why my boss gets away with charging $150 an hour.
1986g3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #20
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
This is what I use

LOL!!!
i love it lol
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha