lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
colinos
Not Yet Wild

Default 91' EZ GO Electric slow up hills....

91' ez go electric slow up hills fine every where else. New batteries. if we stop on a hill it will quickly move foward but if we try to drive a hill it gradually slows down to less then half of the speed we were traveling.

Anybody have any ideas?
colinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 91' EZ GO Electric slow up hills....

Try new cables or 4 guage cable. Keep in mind, the cart is 18 years old. Things are wore out. It won't run like new just because it has new batteries.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
colinos
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice. I've heard about the 4 guage cable but the local guy says that rearly works. I may try anyway. Interesting is that if it is going slow up hill and I stop, then start again it has good quick pick up then it slows down again. I'm thinking the 4 guage calbes may help with that. What do you think? Could there be anything else? thanks again.
colinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The cables may make a slight improvement but, it is an older all metal & heavy resistor coil 36v cart and they all slowed on the hills .... Check the tire inflation. low tires don't help
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinos View Post
Thanks for the advice. I've heard about the 4 guage cable but the local guy says that rearly works. I may try anyway. Interesting is that if it is going slow up hill and I stop, then start again it has good quick pick up then it slows down again. I'm thinking the 4 guage calbes may help with that. What do you think? Could there be anything else? thanks again.

You may have a connection getting hot somewhere. Run it real hard and feel around for any hot cables afterwards.

Your local guy......he probly doesn't have 4 gauge cable in stock...and of coarse he wants to sell you what he has so.....
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If it's a 1991 there is a great chance that it is a controller cart. I think I would start with replacing the battery wires and motor wires. But it is still going to slow up on any hill.
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
If it's a 1991 there is a great chance that it is a controller cart. I think I would start with replacing the battery wires and motor wires. But it is still going to slow up on any hill.
You are right 1st yr controller , mid year change
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO