lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2019, 06:33 AM   #21
campgroundcruiser85
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: club car only moves a little

campgroundcruiser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2019, 09:43 AM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

To safely troubleshoot the cart you will need to raise one of the rear wheels OFF the ground.

I am not sure if you tested the battery and high current system under load as I had suggested to do prior to by-passing the OBC, so we will test that as well.

With one rear wheel lifted put the cart in FWD and turn the key ON.

Place your meter positive probe on controller B+ and the negative probe on the pack negative battery post.

Measure the Voltage (pre-charge voltage).

Slowly press the pedal until You hear the Solenoid "click"

Measure the voltage (it should be higher).

Slowly press the accelerator and record the voltage to see if it drops as the pedal is pressed.

Verify that the rear wheel turns in the opposite direction when you put the FNR in REV (to make sure the field driver is working).

Please post your measurements so we can be sure the Controller is getting enough voltage trough the Solenoid and cables.

If the issue is not with the high current feed, You will need to check the Controller 16-pin connector for the necessary signals.

With one rear wheel lifted put the cart in FWD and turn the key ON and press the pedal just enough the click the Solenoid.

Put the meter negative probe on the pack negative battery post.

Test the following pins on the Controller 16-pin connector with the meter positive probe.
Pin 5 - Light Blue Wire.
Pin 6 - Green Wire.
Pin 8 - White Wire.
Pin 9 - Gray Wire.
Pin 10 - Tan wire.
All of those pins should show near pack voltage.

To test the Throttle signal, set the meter to 20vDC and place the meter negative probe on pack negative battery post.

Put the meter positive probe on Pin 2 - Yellow wire.

The voltage should range from around 0.3v with the pedal UP to more than 4.65v with the pedal all the way DOWN.

To test the Controller Output, set the meter to 200vDC, FNR in FWD and Key ON.

Place the meter positive probe on Controller M- and meter negative probe on Controller B-.

The voltage should vary from near pack voltage when the Solenoid "clicks" to near 0v with the pedal all the way DOWN.

This diagram should help and I also added a color coded 16-pin diagram:

Good Luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Precedent_IQ_16pin_Connector.jpg (87.4 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:26 AM   #23
campgroundcruiser85
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok Thank you for all that, looks like i need to replace my controller. Anyone have any suggestions? Can i upgrade my controller while using the stock motor? And does anyone recommend a place to buy what i need?
Old 10-02-2019, 08:51 AM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Which test failed?

You will need a used IQ controller (black one) so it will need to be from a Precedent 2008 and earlier (PQ and not PH serial number if later model) or a DS IQ controller.

You can also upgrade to an Alltrax XCT 300 which would work really well with your cart.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:54 AM   #25
campgroundcruiser85
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

b+ to m- pedal up i had crazy sporadic voltage that confirms bad controller correct?
Old 10-02-2019, 09:08 AM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by campgroundcruiser85 View Post
b+ to m- pedal up i had crazy sporadic voltage that confirms bad controller correct?
That was not one of the tests I described, I like using M- to B- to measure controller output since the motor inductance can affect the voltage reading when measuring directly across the motor (B+ to M-).

If the Voltage between B+ and B-/pack_negative was fluctuating, the issue is with batteries, cables or solenoid.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:30 AM   #27
campgroundcruiser85
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok sorry about that i didn't see your post till this am. I will recheck tonight. I had read in a form here to check b= to m- and if i had anything other than 0 its a bad controller
Old 10-02-2019, 06:33 PM   #28
campgroundcruiser85
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ok so results are in
B+ to -Pack were all over would go from 52-42 (I have a lil cheap meter) would settle in around 42 pressed the pedal it would bounce from 36-38.

16 pin connector test
#5 34.1 with pedal down (wpd) #6 1.1 wpd or wpu #8 42.3 wpu #9 42.3 wpu #10 42.00 wpd or wpd

yellow wire #2 was 0.3 to 4.6

Also keep in mind while doing the testing I can only press the pedal in small increments if I press to much to fast solenoid clicks and it stops
Old 10-02-2019, 07:28 PM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The issue is likely one or more bad batteries.

Measure the pack voltage from the pack positive battery post to the negative battery post to see if the voltage reading also fluctuates.

If it does, Place the meter in each individual battery (set it to 20vDC scale if available) and test it again.

A bad battery will drop in voltage drastically when you place a load.

If the voltage reading on the pack did not fluctuate, we need to check the solenoid.

You should do the #6 Green wire test again, that wire comes from the MCOR micro switch and the Controller would not engage if it does not have 48v.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:00 PM   #30
campgroundcruiser85
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I tried to source some batteries today a local parts store said these will work. They are deka intimidators agm part number 8a31dtm 1000mca 800cca 105ah@20hr do you have any input?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car