lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2019, 10:05 PM   #21
cricketo
Getting Wild

Default Re: Drop in Lithium to Replace FLA in Cart & Boat

For cranking applications it may be worth to consider a supercap bank - charge it from the Lithium pack, then flip over for starting the motor.
cricketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2019, 08:54 AM   #22
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketo View Post
For cranking applications it may be worth to consider a supercap bank - charge it from the Lithium pack, then flip over for starting the motor.
I'm not familiar with a "supercap bank". The serious bass fishing group are cranking their 250hp motors with a single 125AH lithium battery so to keep things simple, my plan to parallel 2 of the 100AH batteries would provide 700 amp peak discharge current.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:10 AM   #23
cricketo
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
I'm not familiar with a "supercap bank". The serious bass fishing group are cranking their 250hp motors with a single 125AH lithium battery so to keep things simple, my plan to parallel 2 of the 100AH batteries would provide 700 amp peak discharge current.
Super capacitors. There are quite a few videos of people building a bank out of them for engine starting applications.
cricketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:56 PM   #24
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
Can you download a run file from your Alltrax controller to determine your amperage draw? I believe you will need to connect it to a laptop computer.

Either that or you could use a clamp on DC amp meter.
I did just that and made some test runs this weekend and logged the data and have sent them to Alltrax for help. I did 3 separate runs 1.) Flat road-100% throttle, 2.) Uphill road climb -100% throttle and 3.) Uphill road climb at approx. 50% throttle. The tool kit is awesome and tells the real story. Here are a few of the results from the runs

Flat Road Test 1:
Max rpms-3933, Max Battery Current Amps-216, Max Motor Amps-246

Uphill Test 2:
Max rpms-2900, Max Battery Current Amps-290, Max Motor Amps-273

Uphill Test 3:
Max rpms-1688, Battery Current Amps-120-130, Max Motor Amps-210
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium