lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2019, 12:15 PM   #1
Walston83
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 and up club car ds driven clutch

Do any of you out there with a clone swap with stock clutches do anything to the driven clutch. Read that i should change the spring and change the puck location since it is spinning opposite from factory. Will it work properly if i dont change anything? Thanks
Walston83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2019, 07:07 AM   #2
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 and up club car ds driven clutch

Which side are your drive and driven clutches on?
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:27 PM   #3
Walston83
Not Yet Wild

Clutches are on the passenger side of cart. I am going to change the spring out in the driven clutch and see how it goes.
Walston83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:49 AM   #4
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 97 Club Car. I'm going to deal with the clone engine CCW rotation using a jackshaft so the driven clutch is going in the correct direction and reverse doesn't end up being faster than forward. You can play with pulley sizes and end up with a faster cart if that's a goal. I'm doing an EZGO right now though so the CC has to wait it's turn. I have 22x11-8's on the back and 20x10-8's on the front. That's as much tire as I could get under it without a lift kit. I'm a firm believer in putting a nice set of wheels and tires on a project at the start. It encourages me to keep working on it.

I'm going with a 1" jackshaft with the drive pulley on the right side to match match up with the driven pulley. Haven't determined the best shaft position yet or whether to use a chain or a belt on the left side.

Simple diagram.

My dog (aka Shotgun Frank) loves cart rides. He was overly optimistic when he jumped on the engine-less Club Car though.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:58 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

There are some posts of jackshaft swaps here, you may have to do some google digging into this site to find them but they are here with photos...to give you some ideas. The dog has the right idea though, you can't argue with that.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 04:38 AM   #6
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

He'll ride on anything. He sometimes tries to jump on my old farm tractors with me when I'm driving one around the yard. Before I put anything in gear around here I automatically check to see where Franky is first.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:16 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Once worked with a guy had a german shorthair that loved to ride. Sometimes I would run parts around town for 2-3 hours with that dog sitting in the passenger seat. Stop at McDs and get water and burger, it was funny. She would sit there whole time and still not want to get out of car when I got back.

Yeah if you search for club car and jackshaft you might find them. They did pillow block bearings and it worked nice they said.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:32 PM   #8
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have an old 76 C3 Corvette but he won't ride in it. I think it's the Flowmaster 40's, heh heh.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:44 PM   #9
Bean3673
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I done the swap in a 03 model and added high speed gears its plenty fast and still pulls hard. I didn't want to have to fool with the jack shaft
Bean3673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:39 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If there is a performance spring for that clutch some use them, but often you don't need them with a larger engine due to it having more torque.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps