lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2019, 08:52 AM   #41
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Let's see your lithium boxes!

I have 2 winches....front and back. The front is "stuffed" under the cup holders in that giant space of "nothing." The rear one is bolted to the cross bar behind the rear seat.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2019, 09:25 PM   #42
seadogger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

PingEye3, where did you get the diamond plate cut and do you have specs, supplier, cost? I have a TXT but the middle battery separator goes all the way across. Looks like you have a little tab and cut the diamond plate to fit it nicely, did you cut the battery separator and leave a little bit to lock it in place? I am also seeing foam or something to close off everything else in other posts is that pipe insulation or is it something else. Thanks.
seadogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:49 AM   #43
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadogger View Post
PingEye3, where did you get the diamond plate cut and do you have specs, supplier, cost? I have a TXT but the middle battery separator goes all the way across. Looks like you have a little tab and cut the diamond plate to fit it nicely, did you cut the battery separator and leave a little bit to lock it in place? I am also seeing foam or something to close off everything else in other posts is that pipe insulation or is it something else. Thanks.
I've seen it in stock at Home Depot and Lowe's.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:23 AM   #44
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadogger View Post
I have a local Yamaha dealer (35 yr friend) who is actually an aluminum fabricator as well. The company stretches the Yamahas and provides EMS bodies, handicap carts with ramps, etc, among many other things. I have free open access to anything in the drop pile along with a programmable 10 ' break and shear. That would include the diamond plate and 4 other thicknesses between .062 and .120. That is what I make the pack plates from as well.

Depending on single or double pack is whether I grind the welds to completely remove the T-bar cross piece. Bottom plate is 20.5" x 21.5". If single, I cut it and notch around it. I then have three plates that bolt to the inside back area of the original battery frame to block off dirt from the tires. Yes, the pipe insulation is what you see blocking other dirt points of entry. The old battery frame has 8 holes in the angle, I drop in the plate, mark the holes, drill the plate and then bolt it solid in place.

Latest TXT install plates with power cables / fuse block attached to rear vertical plate. Drop pack in and plug into pack.

Second pic is completed cart. Had an old DCX controller in cart when I started the lithium upgrade.

Last two are of latest RXV upgrade, pack area and rear view with motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190419_131130763.jpg (145.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190421_115855742.jpg (255.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190815_124432582.jpg (237.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190816_170207523.jpg (199.5 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:27 PM   #45
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
I have a local Yamaha dealer (35 yr friend) who is actually an aluminum fabricator as well. The company stretches the Yamahas and provides EMS bodies, handicap carts with ramps, etc, among many other things. I have free open access to anything in the drop pile along with a programmable 10 ' break and shear. That would include the diamond plate and 4 other thicknesses between .062 and .120. That is what I make the pack plates from as well.

Depending on single or double pack is whether I grind the welds to completely remove the T-bar cross piece. Bottom plate is 20.5" x 21.5". If single, I cut it and notch around it. I then have three plates that bolt to the inside back area of the original battery frame to block off dirt from the tires. Yes, the pipe insulation is what you see blocking other dirt points of entry. The old battery frame has 8 holes in the angle, I drop in the plate, mark the holes, drill the plate and then bolt it solid in place.

Latest TXT install plates with power cables / fuse block attached to rear vertical plate. Drop pack in and plug into pack.

Second pic is completed cart. Had an old DCX controller in cart when I started the lithium upgrade.

Last two are of latest RXV upgrade, pack area and rear view with motor.
Beautiful work as always! I should be back in the area in about six weeks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:19 PM   #46
dwmeganbobkat
Not Yet Wild

Finished my 7 module leaf conversion and everything is working great(I even have the regen working so that it feels like my wife's Tesla Model 3).

My cart is an 2014 Ezgo Express S4, and I used 1/2" treated plywood to line the old battery tray. I upgraded to the Alltrax 400 controller, added +/-bus bars and moved as much as would fit onto the new back board. I changed the controller/motor wires to #2, put a new fuse box in, and added the Elcon charger.

Even though it will reduce airflow, I made efforts to seal the wheel wells and other large openings to the cart underside. The Express S4 had big gaps that shot dirt and water up into the battery/controller areas.

Im starting with a 7 pack but planned everything to allow a 14 pack by turning it.

Thanks to all that have posted!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
dwmeganbobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:05 PM   #47
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Nice work!! Very clean looking!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium