lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2015, 06:58 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: The Build Begins

My bolt was the same, I cut it 1 1/8" from shoulder because I wanted it short to help clear motor in cart. You can hack saw or sawzall it also but air grinders are more fun.

The governor on the trans is best for controlling speed you should remove the engine governor and use that if you want, but few people use a governor at all. If you get some $15 HD springs for the valves you can run it to high rpm and not valve float it, but I would run a tank or two of fuel through it before you wind it up.

The pulse you can either buy a spacer with a pulse line in it, drill and epoxy your own in, or hook it to the valve cover as I did. Get a 1/8 npt by 1/4 barb for that and drill in the side where you can get through the partition inside and get below it. If you go with the intake pulse you may have to put a return line on it because it likes to overflow the carb. This if you use the cart pump, some buy a B&S pump or walboro (as used on gokarts) and use those. Sometimes they don't overflow carb because they are smaller.

If you take the motor cover off and remove the governor, make sure you blue loctite the bolts back in or they come out.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2015, 07:09 PM   #12
firemedic247
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Sho I read through your thread and was going to cut it 1 1/8 but being a FF I'm prone to messing things up so I've got enough to play with to line up the S/G belt. I can always cut a little more off if needed.
firemedic247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:11 PM   #13
Kustrud
Gone Wild

Alright, thanks! I have a grinder and a saw, how do I get it perfectly straight?? anyone know the threads that my stock EZGO clutch bolt is? I'm still lost on this fuel line, so is it just an open end hose anywhere inside the valve cover?? How'd you "hook" it to the valve cover? I will be using the cart pump. Thanks again for the help and quick replies! Im going to go take the old motor out now, Ill be back on later with more questions Im sure.
Kustrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:07 PM   #14
firemedic247
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Check out Sho's thread he posted a link on his comment on page 1 his was step by step with lots of pics and if you bought a VC kit the check out this link to get their installation instruction.
http://vegascarts.proboards.com/.
To figure out your thread and bolt size just take the bolt to a hardware store and have them size it for you.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:53 PM   #15
Kustrud
Gone Wild

Alright cool. Appreciate it!

Made some progress...

Old 11-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You don't need to be perfect just close. I wrapped it with tape and followed the edge when I cut. You need 1", so I was 1/8 long actually.

I put a barb fitting in my rocker cover, see it here http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...-clone-bb.html
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:38 PM   #17
Kustrud
Gone Wild

Ah, very nice Sho! Good thread, the pics help! So the brass barb Im assuming is the pulse hookup? Just put it in the valve cover where its out of the way? Auto parts store carry those things? I'm somewhat confused as to how the adapter works with the crank/clutch. I guess it'll make sense once I get my old clutch off and see the ID hole. Any tricks to getting it off, or just unbolt it? Also, should I crank my new motor and let it idle for a while or anything?
Old 11-11-2015, 02:24 PM   #18
Kustrud
Gone Wild

How do I pull the clutch? I'm not getting it, I know I can use a 3/4 fine thread bolt and a spacer of some sort, but where and how do I use them? Never been into one so it hasn't "clicked" quite yet....I'm confused on where to put the spacer and how this actually works....
Old 11-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #19
firemedic247
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Some people remove the clutch bolt and pack the bolt hole full of grease then insert another bolt and screw it in and remove the bolt and keep packing grease in the threads until it uses hydraulic pressure to force it off. I've see a few use a short piece of rod small enough in diameter to fit in the whole and the screw in the bolt. just make sure you can thread the bolt about 1/2" so you don't strip the threads.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:53 PM   #20
Kustrud
Gone Wild

Ok figured out how to get the clutch off, thanks! Just need a set of hands to hold it now, its on there! I cut some of the shaft off to make it easier and started to drill it out. How many dang drill bits did ya'll go through?? See pic below, zip tie is the current hole depth. How far do I need to get it in there? Also, how much shaft should I leave off the end of the adapter? I'm gonna head to the gym and hope for some answers ha! I should be able to get the clutch on the motor tonight, the VP cradle in there, and mock it all up at least. Getting close!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!