lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2015, 05:35 PM   #1
hugger6933
Getting Wild

Default 23 HP cam, has any one advanced it

One tooth to see what it runs like? I know Don has said to advance the stock cam one notch but has anyone tried the 23 HP cam advanced? Doe anyone have the specs on the 23 HP cam so that I might compare to an aftermarket? Has anyone gone aftermarket after having the 23 HP cam and what differences did it make?
My plan is to use a 2 bbl intake and carb a 23 HP cam and a rev kit. Remove the gov and maybe try a thinner gasket on the heads. I am about ready to make up my mounts and stuff for my cart, if I have too much trouble I may call Vegas Carts then get a clutch and motor plate. Thanks for the info guys.
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 23 HP cam, has any one advanced it

Don did the 23 cam advanced one tooth. He ended up moving it back to straight up with the best result. He also told me that the aftermarket performance cams will be a definite improvement over the 23 cam. He built one for Boke this past year. Boke says his cart is scary fast with the combo he's running, pretty much the same combo you are talking about. Not sure what all Don did to the motor....you have to be in "THE CLUB" to get that info.... lol
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:01 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: 23 HP cam, has any one advanced it

Aftermarket cams are typically much larger, make a big difference. Advancing the cam will make power at lower rpm. I saw one guy did it to make it do wheelies better, because it enhanced low end torque. But the stock vanny is a low rpm torque piece to start with so I can't see how it will help you running trails etc where it will run out of power even quicker.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!