lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #1
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax NEW switch on the fly XCT and SR controls

We are about to have some FUN

scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2016, 08:36 AM   #2
handyman7653
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Alltrax NEW switch on the fly XCT and SR controls

Are these switches available NOW? Been waiting for Alltrax to do this. Will make the great XCT controller almost perfect
handyman7653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:39 AM   #3
handyman7653
Not Yet Wild

My Bad Just went to your site and found them. Will have my order in shortly. Just have to decide which one will serve my purpose the best.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2016, 08:40 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I agree - makes a great XCT cotnrol almost perfect!
My factory order is being processed. You can pre-purchase them at my website here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltra...n-the-fly.html
Thanks for asking
Old 07-11-2016, 09:03 AM   #5
handyman7653
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb,

I do have a question... with the FNKS switch you can set 3 modes of user operation. In the online "manual" it shows that you can set a range for the rpm speed for each mode. My question is since the switch only sets one of 3 operating modes and each mode can have a different rpm range, how do you adjust where you are in the rpm range on the fly in each mode like you can with the FN2 in a single mode?

To me it seems that you can only set a single rpm limit for each mode, not a range.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good question and instead of trying to answer it by re-reading the manual myself I will ask my Alltrax support team and post their response
Old 07-11-2016, 01:09 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Scotty, tried to get to Alltrax web site to look at some details but it isn't responding for me for some reason.. But anyhow I think it is a typo on their part but states the new FN box will work with XCT boxes built after Sept 2016.. I am assuming that should read 2015.. You may want to mention that to them as well..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:17 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That comment is in reference to the new J4-J5-J6 connector.

You have to add the 2 wires to the controller 16-pin connector (IQ version) on the older versions of the XCT.

They show which pins to use in case you just want to add your own SPDT switch for selecting the 3-modes.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:26 PM   #9
handyman7653
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Scotty, tried to get to Alltrax web site to look at some details but it isn't responding for me for some reason.. But anyhow I think it is a typo on their part but states the new FN box will work with XCT boxes built after Sept 2016.. I am assuming that should read 2015.. You may want to mention that to them as well..
That's a pretty big typo when it is stated twice...

"USER 1 example more of a “Performance Mode” the speed limit RPM
is increased and spread across 3067 to 6063RPM
(depends on the motor RPM limits)."

"USER 2 example more of a “Child Mode” the speed limit RPM is spread across 1867 to 3199RPM (depends on the motor RPM limits)"

Hopefully it is a typo and reality is that you can set ONE speed limit rpm per mode. Although it would be nice if you could adjust the rpm limit on the fly in each of the 3 modes.

Wondering??? would it be possible to wire in both the FNKS and FN switch so that you could adjust the speed range in each mode... Hmmmmm
Old 07-11-2016, 03:28 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sergio got it. The new Ezgo controls coming out soon will have a new J4 pug for the FN control.

Handyman, to answer your question.

With the FNKS you have to set your ranges in each profile beforehand. (that's 3 profiles, normal and 1 and 2) Once those are set you can limit/increase your rpm within those ranges and if you want a different range you just change profiles. To set the actual range, you have to lengthen/shorten your little slider bar, if you hover your mouse over the ends you’ll get the double sided arrow which lets you extend/limit your ranges. If you want to only adjust one of the sliders with your knob instead of all three you just set your min/max to the same number (wherever you want it all the time) and it won’t have the ability to move but the other sliders will.

I hope this clarifies. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car