lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2016, 06:00 PM   #1
Lbkgolfer
Not Yet Wild

Default Back in the game

Picked up a mint 1996 Club Car DS yesterday for $500. It's a 1996 48 volt, batteries are shot but I figured for the piece I couldn't go wrong. Got lucky today and had a friend who has a friend that's gonna give me 6 new Trojans for $500. Can anyone tell me about these year model carts? It doesn't seem to be a Regen model, I don't see all the wiring everywhere. It also doesn't have a tow/run switch. The only other CC I had was a 2008 DS so I don't really know a lot about them.
Lbkgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:19 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Back in the game

This is a series drive cart. All of the 48v models were solid state speed control.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:53 PM   #3
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Talking Re: Back in the game

I had a 98 that was the same cart...a series cart...they are straight forward without a lot of issues and with fresh batteries and maybe new cables it will run very well. If you want 25mph plus...install high speed gears in the rear end and you will be a happy camper!
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:46 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

The cart that started it all for me was also a 96 series DS. A very solid cart for sure.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:37 AM   #5
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
It also doesn't have a tow/run switch
Just a quick cautionary note - the '96 Regen-1 does not have a run/tow switch either. The only way to know for sure that its series; is if it has a lever for fwd/rev and not a rocker switch.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car