lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #31
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Default Re: 99 Club Car Repainting.

I sanded the primer to make it smooth. The primer I was using was self etching to help with minor imperfections. After you sand it good, let it completely dry, then I used a tack clothe right before I painted to make sure nothing was on there but I painted mine under an open air carport.
lance_214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #32
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

I HATE "ORANGE PEEL"! Well there are a few adult words mixed into that sentence. Crap!
Old 07-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #33
Waverider969
Gone Wild

All was going smoothly until I decided to mask off some areas with tape and news paper. The paint from previous coats felt dry to the first touch. Taped off and put newspaper to avoid spray. Did my spraying and went to peel tape and newspaper off just to find out newspaper got stuck to paint. Not good!!!! Argg more time wasted. Waiting for full dry before figuring out how to handle. Here is the better side, the other side looked much worse with newspaper pieces stuck to paint.

Waverider969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #34
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverider969 View Post
All was going smoothly until I decided to mask off some areas with tape and news paper. The paint from previous coats felt dry to the first touch. Taped off and put newspaper to avoid spray. Did my spraying and went to peel tape and newspaper off just to find out newspaper got stuck to paint. Not good!!!! Argg more time wasted. Waiting for full dry before figuring out how to handle. Here is the better side, the other side looked much worse with newspaper pieces stuck to paint.

I like the color you went with..yeah you have to wait before putting tape and paper on the paint..I did that the first time I painted mine in the hammered silver areas...just take your time, I had orange peel pop up on me, I couldn't see it. I was painting at night under the carport leaving the lights off so I wouldn't attract bugs...low and behold, when I looked at it in the morning...orange peel only on the front though..almost done with redoing it now. Good luck with yours Wave!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #35
Waverider969
Gone Wild

Ok made a little tweek in style and progress on moving forward past the setback from yesterday's stuck paper. Here are some crappy photos in bad lighting. Looks better in person.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #36
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Nice paint scheme....I just got mine all completed, reassembled and charging up tonight...I'll post some pics tomorrow with the comparison. I have the same scheme as in the thread but its shiny as hell now...looks like I wanted it too.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #37
Waverider969
Gone Wild

Are you guys spraying clear coat on yours? I sprayed like 3 coats of clear gloss on the front cowel piece.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #38
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Yeah...I put about 5 or 6 coats on of Krylon Clear gloss.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint