lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #31
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Candy paint questions

I have a question about adhesion promoter. My cart has been painted before but the paint is very solid ( no chipping or peeling). There are some dents and and scuff marks that go through the paint to the plastic they can be sanded out. So the question is should I use adhesion promotor to make sure the paint does not come off the exposed plastic parts or will this mess up the paint that is already on it?
revoarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #32
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The adhesion promoter will not do anything to the paint that is already there, just sand the plastic area to be worked on do you're bodywork and if there is any exposed plastic left before priming just hit those spots with the adhesion promoter.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #33
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for all your help everyone. I started sanding today. The front is different than the back it was painted a different color and is peeling badly. So have to get rid of all of that. The back is very solid so that will be easier. Those plastic bodies are not easy to sand. Even the flat areas are not flat because of warping or it isnt supported underneath so it bows in when you put pressure on it. When I get the front all cleaned up I will be happy. Downhill from there. I will post pictures when I get closer to painting. Hopefully soon!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #34
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

I did some more sanding today almost have the front done and a lot of the back. I had to buy more sandpaper this morning so I went to runnings and found some made by 3m called sandblaster and decided to try it. It is a little more expensive but this stuff is great. I did about 1/3 of the front with a 1/4 sheet sander and used a full sheet and then some of regular 3m paper then I tried the sandblaster and I have used 1/4 sheet to do all the rest of the front and a lot of the back and it never clogged and sanded great the whole while. I would still be using that same sheet if it hadnt ripped. I would definitly recommend this sandpaper.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #35
revoarcher
Gone Wild

Club Car

Can anyone that has used dupont paint help me? I am painting my cart with dupont chroma paint (urethane). My base coat paint seems to be taking a long time to dry (still sticky after an hour). I am mixing the paint as per the instructions given to me but I dont know if I trust the paint person that gave me the instructions (didnt seem real knowledgeable). I have a chromabase that I am mixing 1-1 with 7175s basemaker and then mixing that 4-1 with chromapremier 12305s activator. Is this right and should the paint take that long to dry?

Tags
paint
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint